• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Why this isnt working? (cant make a more accurate tittle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Dont pay attention to this trigger

• Psiquik Attack Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Psiquick Attack ( New hero )
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the head of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\Bloodlust\BloodlustTarget.mdl
      • Set SFX[1] = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the main of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\Bloodlust\BloodlustTarget.mdl
      • Set SFX[2] = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\Bloodlust\BloodlustTarget.mdl
      • Set SFX[3] = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\Bloodlust\BloodlustTarget.mdl
      • Set SFX[4] = (Last created special effect)
      • Set Psiquik_Attack_Group = (Units within 450.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit)))))
      • Unit - Create 1 Psiquick Aura for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Psiquik_Attacker = (Last created unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on Psiquik attack <gen>
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Psiquik_Attack_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Psiquik_Attacker to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Stop
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Psiquik_Attacker from the game
      • Unit Group - Remove all units of Psiquik_Attack_Group from Psiquik_Attack_Group
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Destroy SFX[(Integer A)]
      • Trigger - Turn off Psiquik attack <gen>

This one is the one im interested in...

What i basically want is to stun a target unit if it moves attacks patrols etc... but it only stuns the first time... and then no more... am i lacking an order on the next trigger?

• Psiquik attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in Psiquik_Attack_Group) Equal to True
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(patrol))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Psiquik_Attacker to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
Dont pay attention to leaks... this is a trigger in a test map... i want to know why if the unit attacks me again... it does not get sttuned aggain

Level 9
because the trigger is turned off after 5 seconds
because the event in 2nd trigger is wrong, try "Unit is Attacked", because for example in-game when you want to attack a unit, you dont keep right-clicking on him, you jtus right-click on him once, the same in here
thats why u should use "unit is attacked" event

Level 11
i do create a dummy.... the main idea of the spell is to do this...

If in an area near the caster you move or try to attack, the caster stuns you for 1 sec... the skills lasts 5 secs... but when the unit attacks for the second time... the trigger doesnt work :/

Level 4
Maybe like that

I hope I understood right, if your unit has got the buff of the ability, and it gets attacked, the attacker shall get stunned for 1 sec... So maybe this works:

• Stun Ability
  • Events:
  • A unit is attacked
  • Conditions:
  • Attacked unit has got BUFF OF ABILITY
  • Actions:
  • Stun Attacking Unit for 1 Second (Maybe there is a trigger which does that or just do it like that:)
  • Add Buff (Stun Buff) to Attacking Unit
  • Wait 1 Second
  • Remove Last Created Buff
I'm not THE pro mapper but I'm trying to help you :)

Level 11
yes and no... i want my unit to stun the target if any action is issued to the unit while in the effect of my ability... not only attack (unfortunately)... your idea was good (even an add buff to unit trigger doesn't exist :p) but it doesn't accomplish what i want :( but thx anyways ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.