• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some thing(s) wrong with my spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm trying to get a spell to create a spell that creates a dummy unit in the center, and then shoots out bolts(some Finger of Deaths) that create dummy units that shoot out bolts that create more dummy units that shoot out MORE bolts, etc. At the moment the spell effect does not end, and does no damage.

Code:
Soul Tear Nova 1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Soul Tear Nova 
    Actions
        Set Caster = (Casting unit)
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
        Trigger - Turn on Soul Tear Nova 2 <gen>

Soul Tear Nova 2
    Events
        Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region centered at (Position of Caster) with size (500.00, 500.00)) matching ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Dummy Unit)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Mortar Team - Flare (Random point in (Region centered at (Position of Caster) with size (500.00, 500.00)))

Soul Tear Nova 3
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Flare
    Actions
        Lightning - Create a Finger of Death lightning effect from source (Position of (Triggering unit)) to target (Target point of ability being cast)
        Lightning - Create a Finger of Death lightning effect from source (Position of (Triggering unit)) to target (Target point of ability being cast)

Level 3
First off, you don't need three triggers for a spell like that, but each person likes to do things differently.

Looking through, you have nothing in your trigger sequence that says anything about damage.

And to get rid of the effects, you have to create a trigger, or add some sort of timer to destroy each of those lightning effects. There may be a way to destroy all of them in a certain region, but I'm not sure.

Instead of using Caster, use Triggering unit, unless you want the region centered on the Dummy Unit (which it might be doing) then nevermind.

Hope that helps...

Level 1
Caster IS triggering unit and Casting Unit... I tried both, neither works. And damaghe isn't a problem, neither is destroying the effects, espeacially since the effects don't exist...

Level 3
You said the problem was the Spell Effect does not end (thought that meant special effects, sorry) and does no damage.

Are there other problems?

Level 1
No, I was saying it's not supposed to because it's not finished with those areas. The problem I'm having is that the speacial effects never come up, and I doubt the damage or dummy unit would either.

Status
Not open for further replies.