• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

some strange bugs

Level 8
1) Sometimes the player's hero can become uncontrollable, this happens extremely rarely, but the hero stops responding to any command, and after a minute it works again
2) at one point all the imports disappeared on the map, all the icons turned sharply green... only happened once

why is this happening?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
#1) My memory is failing me but recently I managed to break the game while playing around in a small test map I had made. While I had a group of units selected, a Paladin and 2 Footmen, only the Footmen would listen to my move orders and the Paladin would just stand there or complete it's previous order while ignoring my new orders. If I recall correctly the Paladin was broken until I did something to "fix" it. I think I had to order the unit(s) to Stop or reselect the Paladin. Either way, it was very odd. I forget which functions I was playing around with... I'll come back and update this if I manage to find the map or remember the details.

Of course this could be unrelated.

#2) This has been happening to many people recently and I think the blame is a bug introduced in 1.36. This one is pretty bad so hopefully it actually gets fixed unlike the many other bugs that have been around for years now. I doubt there's a workaround.

Level 8
#1) Меня подводит память, но недавно мне удалось сломать игру, играя на небольшой тестовой карте, которую я сделал. Хотя у меня была выбрана группа юнитов, паладин и 2 пехотинца, только пехотинцы слушали мои приказы о движении, а паладин просто стоял там или выполнял свой предыдущий приказ, игнорируя мои новые приказы. Если я правильно помню, Паладин был сломан, пока я не сделал что-нибудь, чтобы «починить» его. Думаю, мне пришлось приказать отряду(ам) остановиться или повторно выбрать Паладина. В любом случае, это было очень странно. Я забыл, с какими функциями я экспериментировал... Я вернусь и обновлю это, если мне удастся найти карту или запомнить детали.

Конечно, это может быть не связано.

#2) В последнее время это происходит со многими людьми, и я думаю, что виной тому ошибка, появившаяся в версии 1.36. Это довольно плохо, так что, надеюсь, его действительно исправят, в отличие от многих других ошибок, которые существуют уже много лет. Я сомневаюсь, что есть обходной путь.
The problem is that a bug with an uncontrollable unit can sometimes work for all heroes controlled by players at once. And sometimes only for one player. Previously, this happened often if you used the archmage’s teleport on a unit, so I removed this option. However, until now, heroes can become uncontrollable in very different situations, which are sometimes unrelated.