• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Strange issue caused by reincarnation in spellbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So after hours of testing I found this strange bug which I cannot seem to bypass.

So I gave a hero the spellbook ability and inside the spellbook, I put the reincarnation spell. Now, when this hero dies and reincarnation is still on cooldown, the hero drops all it's items and is IMPOSSIBLE to revive through any means.

I replicated this bug on an empty map, so I know it's not one of my triggers causing the issue. Does anyone know why this happens and if there is a way to prevent it from happening?

Level 11
Give it reincarnation outside of the spellbook, and you can hide the icon by putting it's position to 0,-11. You can then have a fake Reincarnation icon in your spellbook, as mentioned.

Having the fake reincarnation show a cooldown as appropriate may be tricky, but possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.