• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reincarnation Charged-Item Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was actually making this DotA's recipe former item Aegis of the Immortal whereby you will able to use this item for Reincarnation ability for 3 charges with each a cooldown of 60 seconds. Now, I did that and I notice there's a problem in it.

If I use the Hero's Reincarnation ability, I will be able to see the 60 seconds cooldown when my hero dies, but it will stay 3 charges, as if the charges will not used up.

If I use the Item Reincarnation ability, I will be able to used up the 3 charges, but it can't enable the cooldown when I die, although I set it to 60 seconds.

So is there any way to solve?

Level 4
Same shit. I used the trigger editor yet it won't work. I missed something advance here. How should the trigger be?

Level 9
If you need to trigger it, try something like this out...
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) has an item of type Ankh of Reincarnation) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Ankh of Reincarnation)) Greater than 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Ankh of Reincarnation) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Tome of Experience)) - 1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Ankh of Reincarnation)

Level 4
Stats - Pereshable?

When clicked to True, failed.
When clicked to False, failed.

The charges are hardliners.

Therefore, your suggestion failed.

If you need to trigger it, try something like this out...
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) has an item of type Ankh of Reincarnation) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Ankh of Reincarnation)) Greater than 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Ankh of Reincarnation) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Tome of Experience)) - 1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Ankh of Reincarnation)

I did everything you suggest this trigger. Although I see why would you say "Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Ankh of Reincarnation) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Tome of Experience)) - 1)

That Tome of Experience supposed to be Ankh of Reincarnation (Or my Aegis of the Immortal), but maybe I should put that tome, so I did it. It failed to reduce into two or one or remove it.

So I change into the Ankh of Reincarnation, but then, failed once again.

Conclusion, your trigger suggestion has also failed.

So anyone has better suggestion?

Level 4
I made a new item based on Ankh of Reincarnation, and the charges go consumed like
intended.

You mean the copied item based on the original Ankh of Reincarnation item? That's exactly what I'm doing.

Please note that the custom Ankh of Reincarnation (a.k.a. Aegis of the Immortal) must have cooldown included. Such ability like Item Reincarnation does not enable cooldown despite you set it, but YES, it allows reducing charges. But like I quoted:

If I use the Hero's Reincarnation ability, I will be able to see the 60 seconds cooldown when my hero dies, but it will stay 3 charges, as if the charges will not used up.

If I use the Item Reincarnation ability, I will be able to used up the 3 charges, but it can't enable the cooldown when I die, although I set it to 60 seconds.

And I need both of the cooldown and reducing charges.

Last edited:
Level 4
I also noted that I'm using the Amulet of Spell Shield (It has cooldown) by setting it to 2 charges. When an enemy casts a spell on my Hero, the Amulet Shield will deflect it and my cooldown starts, but it won't used up the charges.

So is there any better answer to solve?

Level 4
Stats - irgone cooldown, or something like that

Sorry friend, but still failed, whether I set it to True or False.

But what's this cooldown group have to do with charges anyways? Even if I set it to true, not just the charges won't used up, but the cooldown (The Hero's Reincarnation ability I used) also starts.

I don't think this has to do with my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.