• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Removing Reincarnation's effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm working on an ability for a Hero and my question is two-pronged:

First, can I make the Tauren Chieftan's ultimate (and not the item version) not restore him to max mana when he dies? *Note: the reason I can't use the item version is because it doesn't show an Icon; and there's going to be a mana cost associated with the reincarnation spell. Reincarnation is the only passive that SHOWS a mana cost.)

Second, can I actually REMOVE the revive component of reincarnation; that way I can use the way it shows a mana cost on dummy abilities that I create without fearing that it'd reincarnate the hero after he dies. It'd be incredibly handy if I could.

Level 7
No, no. You misunderstand. I don't want it to restore mana at all; I simply want the reincarnated Hero to keep his current mana when he dies.

Currently; with the Tauren Chieftan's reincarnation his mana is instantly restored upon reincarnating; which essentially makes it pointless to attach a mana cost to.

Level 12
You can not remove the reincarnation effect.

I dont know if there is another passive which shows mana cost, most for sure dont.

two workarounds:

-Use e.g. Orb of Lightning (new), put an ability with mana cost inside and set the chance to 0. Drawback: the ability is greyed out, i.e. shown as disabled.

-Use an active ability with no target and no effect which doesnt interrupt orders. Drawback: you can click the ability, which is a bit ugly.

Level 7
You can not remove the reincarnation effect.

I dont know if there is another passive which shows mana cost, most for sure dont.

two workarounds:

-Use e.g. Orb of Lightning (new), put an ability with mana cost inside and set the chance to 0. Drawback: the ability is greyed out, i.e. shown as disabled.

-Use an active ability with no target and no effect which doesnt interrupt orders. Drawback: you can click the ability, which is a bit ugly.

Ah... I was afraid of that. I was already aware of Orb of Lightning (New) but it has a few problems; such as the disabled icon and the fact you can't trigger an effect with it (Since it's 'spell cast' isn't considered a spell cast by the engine,) there's also the whole disabled fiasco.

I didn't think to use an active ability... I suppose I could, although like you said -- it could be clicked. That said -- if it didn't have a cooldown and didn't interrupt you; it shouldn't be that much of an annoyance.

Anyway; thanks for your help. +rep.

Level 6
oh yeah about that problem i use to try it and i remove it for some reason check my upcoming map you will see my other hero dies and have a manacost and bin revive without the effect i don't really know which jass line i use and i have a GuI version but i don't really remember that much i try to find it and share it with you i give you another reply see you.

very sorry i didnt help you because of mind issues

Status
Not open for further replies.