• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

HELP please, I've got the stranges bugs in a map

Level 9
So there are 2 problems after some changes.

1) After I close the game, I get "application encountered an unexpected error", on 1.26 version (not reforged). It doesnt crash my game or somth, I just get it every time I close wc3, even without running any maps. This started to happening out of nowhere, I didnt even update any hardware or smth.

2) My hero units started to get bugged, during the game they might get undetected via engine. I mean, some functions are working, some function dont work anymore (f.e they can't be detected via Hashtables, it just return null). It happens randomly. IDK where it all started, all I did is movement speed system, where you raise or lower lvls of item spell ability.

Please give me a clue

Level 39
You need to learn basic debugging practices. Disable everything you just added. Does the behavior persist? Disable most/all triggers in your map. Does the behavior persist? Open an old version of the map and try reimporting the new stuff. Does the behavior persist?

Level 9
You need to learn basic debugging practices. Disable everything you just added. Does the behavior persist? Disable most/all triggers in your map. Does the behavior persist? Open an old version of the map and try reimporting the new stuff. Does the behavior persist?
About debugging. The problem is, this bug is happening very rare, I've had it single time through 40 times of my playthrough, controlling 4 heroes at once. Hard to test map 40 minutes every time I try to debugg something.

Level 39
2) My hero units started to get bugged, during the game they might get undetected via engine. I mean, some functions are working, some function dont work anymore (f.e they can't be detected via Hashtables, it just return null). It happens randomly. IDK where it all started, all I did is movement speed system, where you raise or lower lvls of item spell ability.
Then how can you be sure any of this is actually what's happening? You experienced some weird issue, sure. But if you can't replicate the issue then you can't test it to see what's truly happening so you're just guessing what you think the symptoms are. The unit could have been flushed from the hashtable through a logic error in some code, an erroneous function call, or something else entirely.

It's not random; you just don't know enough about the problem.

Level 9
Then how can you be sure any of this is actually what's happening? You experienced some weird issue, sure. But if you can't replicate the issue then you can't test it to see what's truly happening so you're just guessing what you think the symptoms are. The unit could have been flushed from the hashtable through a logic error in some code, an erroneous function call, or something else entirely.

It's not random; you just don't know enough about the problem.
The last time I encountered something like that is unclear, due to years passed. But I can remember it was somehow related with the trigger "trigger register unit in range". By some simple function, that I didnt have a clue why was making unit completely vanish from engine detection. It was so stupid and I thought "oh gosh this warcrarft 3 engine amuze me"