• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Strange Ability Bug - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I created a hero that has a Searing Arrows ability (let's call it ABILITY1) and an Engineering Upgrade Ability (that I use only to increase the hero's damage - Let's call it ABILITY2).
After I gained some levels and picking the 3rd level of the ABILITY2, the ABILITY1 got bugged: tooltip lost, button placed in random position)

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Thnx in advance.

Level 12
I created a hero that has a Searing Arrows ability (let's call it ABILITY1) and an Engineering Upgrade Ability (that I use only to increase the hero's damage - Let's call it ABILITY2).
After I gained some levels and picking the 3rd level of the ABILITY2, the ABILITY1 got bugged: tooltip lost, button placed in random position)

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Thnx in advance.

it's not a bug
you need to arrange the button position and fill on all the tooltip if the ability is leveable.

AFAIK, there are 2 kinds of button position, the one is for Normal and the other is for Research, you need to set all these button. the positions are decided by X and Y (X = Horizontal, Y = Vertical).

so if you have 2 abilities

Searing Arrows

Button Position - Normal (X) = 0
Button Position - Normal (Y) = 2
Button Position - Research (X) = 0
Button Position - Research (Y) = 0

Engineering Upgrade

Button Position - Normal (X) = 1
Button Position - Normal (Y) = 2
Button Position - Research (X) = 1
Button Position - Research (Y) = 0

and about the tooltips, see the picture, when you are setting a level 1 ability to more than 1 level, their tooltips are not written automatically, you need to either type a new sentences, or just copy the previous field sentences.

the result should look like the second picture

Attachments

• Barrage.jpg
    Barrage.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 81
  • Barrage 2.jpg
    Barrage 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 70
Level 9
@TwoVenomous I have done all these things already.
@Faestus I dont use that Engineering Upgrade to improve the damage of Searing Arrows Ability (I just use it for the Damage Bonus)

So when I pick the Engineering Upgrade Ability why the Searing Arrows Ability is lost and bugged?

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Valenvai: The Engineering Upgrade doesnt only improve the damage of the ability. IT's work like what Faetus said: It replaces all of the ability that is listed in its data.
If ur tooltip is lost, I think it's because of the turn on/off tooltips. IT's usually happen to the toggleable ability.

Level 9
Hmmm... is there a way to fix it? :p

Actually if any of you knows a base ability that I can use to increase passively a hero's damage... My first try was with Marksmanship, changing it to 'Hero Ability' but for some reason there is no Normal Icon ince you learn it (I entered an icon in the Art-Icon-Normal but it's not showing)

Level 17
do it with command aura:
go to the spell in the editor, four lines down and theres a field with is filled with "false", make true out of it.
now if you type for attackdamage-growth for example 10, it gives exactly 10 damage.
everything the field does is removing the percentage bonus and give it a constant.
now set aura range to 1 so that it counts for your hero only.
thats it ;), i think its the simplest way

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hmmm... is there a way to fix it? :p

Actually if any of you knows a base ability that I can use to increase passively a hero's damage... My first try was with Marksmanship, changing it to 'Hero Ability' but for some reason there is no Normal Icon ince you learn it (I entered an icon in the Art-Icon-Normal but it's not showing)
U can use dummy ability (the ability does nothing, only show the icon to represent for the true ability). When u learn the dummy ability, it will give u the icon and u need to add the true ability to the learning unit. Every time the dummy ability is leveled up, u also need to level up the true ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.