• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Some questions on Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Im trying to make a system for my map, and I have a question and one problem.

First, is it possible to have a spellbook inside a spellbook?

Last, I created an ability based of storm bolt which has max range, 0.01 duration and no mana cost. All other stuff such as missile, damage and buff are 0. When I try to cast it, I cant seem to select a unit target. Tried using other abilities like Channel and Sleep as base, but still same outcomes. So how can this be fixed?

Also, might update this main post if I have more questions.

Thanks.

Level 17
its possible, and i used it too, work well until dont got same base order id the 2 spellbook or the spellbooks dont got same base order abilityes(example dont put to 1st 1 storm bolt what deal 500 dmg and to 2nd spellbook another what do 1000dmg because both storm bolt got same base order id and it cause bug, so if u use spellbook then dont use same base spells in book :) )

with another question i have no ideea because with me never happened and i use alot unit target channel based ability but allways can select the target if target allowed field setted well and target type was setted to unit in ocject editor - my channel based ability

Level 19
its possible, and i used it too, work well until dont got same base order id the 2 spellbook or the spellbooks dont got same base order abilityes(example dont put to 1st 1 storm bolt what deal 500 dmg and to 2nd spellbook another what do 1000dmg because both storm bolt got same base order id and it cause bug, so if u use spellbook then dont use same base spells in book :) )

Crap I totally forgot about that.

Thanks! Ill try to test it.

Level 19

with another question i have no ideea because with me never happened and i use alot unit target channel based ability but allways can select the target if target allowed field setted well and target type was setted to unit in ocject editor - my channel based ability

Well I tried what you said. Unfortunately, my map starts to crash

Be sure that your spellbook got locked position. If it change it spells may be unable to cast.

What do you mean?

Level 17
lol :DDDDDD

ok u use 2 spell book but u do this

A Spellbook / B spellbook

u put B inside the A, and A inside the B

overall it is a endless loop ....

it is ok if u use spellbook in spellbook but dont put to a child spellbook his parent spellbook...

so change the spell list in footman spellbook or change as u want just dont make loops

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 63
Level 9
lol :DDDDDD

ok u use 2 spell book but u do this

A Spellbook / B spellbook

u put B inside the A, and A inside the B

overall it is a endless loop ....

it is ok if u use spellbook in spellbook but dont put to a child spellbook his parent spellbook...

so change the spell list in footman spellbook or change as u want just dont make loops

"dont put to a child spellbook his parent spellbook..."
"u put B inside the A, and A inside the B"

So what do you mean with "parent"? I think that when I put B into A, A becomes parent, doesn't it?

Level 17
"dont put to a child spellbook his parent spellbook..."
"u put B inside the A, and A inside the B"

So what do you mean with "parent"? I think that when I put B into A, A becomes parent, doesn't it?

y, but if inside the A, you put B and inside the B also you A then it is a endless loop or just something what imposible because parent spellbook will be child of the parent child

Status
Not open for further replies.