1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Build? Some questions on Build.

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Serefkana, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Serefkana

Serefkana

Resources:
    Resources:
    How exactly does "build" work? Its not really a skill, or a spellbook from what it looks like...

Well I have some questions:

1) Is it possible to allow a unit to be able to build more than 11 buildings?

2) And how do you change where the "build" ability-icon is? I want to move it to the middle row.

Thanks, -Seref

2. Ham

Ham

Resources:
    Resources:
    for more than 11 buildings you could make a morphing unit, and it will eventually have new build slots, you could use the robogoblin ability as base,

and the build ability icon's place i think there is a way to change it's possition, but i am not sure.

3. Nichita_00

Nichita_00

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I did not test this myself, but from what I know you can give 2 different build abillities to a single unit => 2 build menus (22 building slots). Good enough :D?

4. ZiggyMcjoney

ZiggyMcjoney

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not true, you have to add a morph ability with the other buildings.

5. Nichita_00

Nichita_00

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Awww.. I'll try that myself tho :p

6. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Changing the ability icon... that's easy enough. Go to Advanced -> Gameplay Interface. Look through Icons until you hit Command - Basic Structure [Race]. Changing those to what you want is, I believe, the solution to your second problem.

Oh, and Nichita, if what you say IS possible, would you care to give us a demo plz? Although I'm more inclined to take Ziggy's side in the morphing idea, I would love to see whether or not what you say can actually be done, especially seeing as how it would be, I believe, revolutionary to the world of modding.

7. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Its possible, in WEU you can give a unit 2 build abilities and you have 2 'buildbooks' where you can build buildings from.

Well I'm gonna check it sooner or later.