• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

hero-ability build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hi agein...
new question...
how to make a hero ability to build certin stuff?
say level 1 skill lets you build barracks
level 2 lets you build armory too
level 3 lets you build town halls too

exsample naturally...

Level 14
I think I have the answer to your question. First you add all things you want to build with this unit to this unit in the unit editor. Then you create a trigger which make the buildings unaviable to build. For example like this:

• Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make Rathaus Unavailable for training/construction by (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Make Hof Unavailable for training/construction by (Player((Integer A)))
The loop make that by all player between 1 and 12 this buildings are unavailable.

After this trigger you have to create a second trigger which makes the buildings again available. So that you can build them if your skill of your ability is higher. For example like this:

• Skill
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Aas-Schwarm
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Aas-Schwarm for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make Rathaus Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Aas-Schwarm for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make Hof Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
I hope I helped you.

Level 9
more rep for you...

damn...it tells me to spread some rep before giving you more...i will give you once i can...

you are very handy you know that?

one question: the ability should be a passive dummy right?

Status
Not open for further replies.