• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how to have more than 11 buildings (peon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

I've created a new building (set some specifics, load model...)
Now I want peons to be able to build it.
but all 11 slots are used already, how can I allow my peon to bild more than 11 buildings ?
please help me.

I'm a quite a newbie, so please avoid jass and try to keep it basic if possible.
Thank you.

Level 11
Is it possible to give the player two builders that can make different buildings? That's probably the easiest way.

Aside from that, I usually make two different versions of the builder with the buildings split between them, then give it an ability that swaps between the forms. This requires a bit of triggering, including knowledge of how to make dummy abilities.

Level 2
You could also have the custom building be an upgrade of an already existing building and set the build time to 0 so that you can upgrade it to the new building instantly.

Level 6
3 different peons for this:
1 initial peon for training, with Chaos ability and put all buildings to be build here. (more than 11)
2 another (chaos ability unit change, pick any) has form that is interchangeable with their own 11 buildings.

I think there is no need for triggers.

Level 9
Maybe this :)

1: Create two identical peons(A and B), only change buildable buildings.
2: Create a chaos ability that transform into Peon-A. Change icon to build-icon. Give Peon-B this.
3: Create a chaos ability that transform into Peon-B. Change icon to build-icon. Give Peon-A this.
4: Create a trigger: When one of the two chaos ability is casted, wait 0.05 sec, and force the player to hit the "B" button
(Hotkey for buildmenu).

You might need to play a little arround with the trigger. I can see deselecting and the wait to become an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.