• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mechanics questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Does armour have any effect on Mana Shield?

For example, if I have a unit with 50% damage reduction and it is hit with an attack that deals 40 damage, will the Mana Shield only receive 20 damage?

Also, if I have a unit with a Spellbook ability pick up an item with a Spellbook ability and both those Spellbook abilities have the same Ability ID, the ability in the item's Spellbook should show up in the unit's Spellbook, right?

No, I agree with redeemer, I don't think that it is affected by values, because it is a spell that runs on mana.

You could do a weird trigger that goes somewhat like this. ( I might not have it exactly put as it would be in the editor, but here goes)

• Events
  • Every 1 Seconds of Game
  • Conditions
  • Mana Shield is channeled = True
  • Actions
  • Unit -Remove X mana from unit
  • Unit - Reduce Damage by X%
And then some other weird trigger to follow, sorta like

• Events
  • Every 1 Seconds of Game
  • Conditions
  • Ability Being Chanelled = Mana Shield
  • Casting Units Mana = 0
  • Actions
  • Unit - Set damage reduction to 0%.

For the second question, if you don't change the ID, the spells will be mixed up. Change the ID to anything, but never have two spellbooks with the same ID.

Level 2
I suppose I could ask here... instead of wasting time with another topic and all.

I'm having difficulty with the resource system, we're working to create an entirely new one, and I was wondering why WC continues to crash. See we've changed the model for the tree, remapped every animation and code correctly, but the game continues to... fail.

Should we pursue some kind of alternate resource system, like a gyser that has a swan corpse ability, and the workers can collect and dump off corpses as a resource increase, with the model of the corpse changed? Or is it possible to just change the model of a tree?

Level 24
Nice topic jack, Little.

@Elfsilver Lord: What I was going to do with the information was actually purposefully mix up spells in Spellbook abilities, so that getting an item sticks an ability into the unit's own book. Also, thanks for the trigger, although I was more curious than anything.

@Redeemer59: Thanks for the help.

While I'm at it, does anyone know if Engineering Upgrade can be used to replace normal abilities, or to add new abilities?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.