• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some one can tell me what time RtC release ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Well, it's being actively worked on, and SFilip is making alot of progress, the newest patch destroyed most, if not all, of our work. But be patient, if the project ever dies, we'll be sure to let everyone know. :)

EDIT:
And yea, keep the spam to a minimum, or loose an eye.

Level 8
Well, it's being actively worked on, and SFilip is making alot of progress, the newest patch destroyed most, if not all, of our work. But be patient, if the project ever dies, we'll be sure to let everyone know. :)
Damn, that sucks. Good thing you didn't lose all motivation though, keep working on it; we're anxiously waiting.

Level 4
Wait, would you be able to convert GUI to Jass and it will be able to work, or does it have to be coded in Jass from the beggining?

Level 4
>Custom natives.
So lemme get this straight. Basically it would work if I deleted my triggers, and then rescript the triggers in JASS, and enabled RtC in the game? Would that work?

Level 7
I would recommend that you people be just a little more patient and wait for that release so that you can see for yourself what WarSoc really is before assuming - I'm aware that currently offered info is pretty vague and a lot has changed since the last update.
And what to do meanwhile? Learn Jass. Learn vJass too (but no, WarSoc won't be vJass-only, no worries, but it will help a lot). Convert all more complex triggers in your map into optimized Jass. Also, if you have some programming experience, read a bit about sockets, it'll accept how the new natives work.

One thing to note is that there will be no simple way of making your map WarSocable. As time flows we will aim to make it easier, but it will never be "just convert all triggers to Jass" (which is a pretty stupid thing to do in whatever scenario) or "just run some converter tool which will do all the work for me". Chances are that certain triggers will have to be remade from scratch when converting a normal map to a WarSoc one.

Status
Not open for further replies.