• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Some of a bug (or not) in my WC3Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have a problem with the trigger data of the spell that i copy it to my own map.
the skill is change and it's not as same as the original one and the trigger data is also change a bit.
i swear i do not touch anything of the trigger data and i dont know why the data could change it self or what should i do if i want to use the original look spell in my own map.

The name of the spell is "Windcutter v 1.5" posted by Marsal
and it is approved.

The original Windcutter 1.5 Spell Effect

My imported Windcutter 1.5 Spell Effect

Please tell me if you know how to fix it.

Thankyou. :)

Level 37
Make sure you have configured these lines:
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Windcutter
  • Set WDamage[WIndex] = Damage[(Level of Windcutter for WCaster[WIndex])]
  • Set WTimer[WIndex] = Duration[(Level of Windcutter for WCaster[WIndex])]
  • Set WBlades = Blades[(Level of Windcutter for WCaster[WIndex])]
  • Unit - Create 1 Wind for (Owner of WCaster[WIndex]) at TempPoint facing ((Angle from WTargetPoint[WIndex] to TempPoint) + 90.00) degrees
  • Unit - Create 1 Windcutter for (Owner of WCaster[WIndex]) at TempPoint facing ((Angle from WTargetPoint[WIndex] to TempPoint) + 90.00) degrees

1. Open World Editor.
2. Go to File (in the toolbar), then in Preferences and in the General tab, mark the compartment " Create unknown variables by pasting data release mechanism".
3. Open the map example supplied by the creator of the model of spell since World Editor.
4. Copy the Units, the Spells, the Effects / Buffs and Triggers bound to the spell one by one.
Tip: for a spell with several triggers, it is possible to put quite triggers in the same category and so to have only the category need to be copied/paste.
5. Open your Map since World Editor.
6. Paste Units/Abilities/Effects/Buffs/Triggers copied previously.
7. Repeat the stages 3, 4 and 5 until have copied / paste everything in the map, then pass in the stage 8.
8. Verify in triggers, if skills and units if ID of the spells / effects / buffs did not change a map in the other one (if the spells / effects / buffs are good). If they changed, then modify to put ID of the spell / effect / buff in your map (choose in the list ^^).
9. Put credits for the creator of the spell

Make sure you've done all those stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.