• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Some noob questions some not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1)Does critical come after armor and hard skin?
2)in which order do defend, armor and hard skin take effect?
3)does armor TYPE reduction come before armor value reduction?
4)How to disable a unit picking up two items of same type eg body armor( do i use item class or item type for this?)
5)How to make an item reduce the critical strike chance of an enemy?
6)How to make an ability have no icon?
7)How to change the 70%dmg of ranged attacks property on arcanite shield?
8)When making a trigger, where to choose a condition - unit HAS item of item type?

much thanks

Level 35
1. I believe it depends on how you do the Critical. For example, you can set it to do a percentage value, and I believe this factors in armor and hardened skin, but I'm as sure about the latter as I am the former.

2. I don't see how the order matters, but if it does, I do not know. Although I'd suggest armor comes first, hardened skin second, and then defend.

3. I don't think this matters, as you'd get the same result. Although I think armor reduction would come first.

4. Not sure, I've seen it done thousands of times though, so if there isn't a system posted already, someone is sure to be able to answer you.

5. Dunno about this, probably requires vJass.

6. If you don't want an ability to display it's icon, put it in a spellbook, then disable the spellbook. Then give the spellbook to the unit(s) who you want to have the ability.

7. Go to the item ability that changes this and edit the details there. If you want to get rid of it from the shield, simply delete it from the abilities list.

8. Item-type comparison. You'll have to then state a comparison between the item-type held by the 'hero' in your trigger (hero being a generic term, this will work for units too) and the item-type you want. The rest is easy (I don't think there is a rest).

Anywho, that's my 5 cents worth on this thread. Hope it helps you out.

Level 3
Hello, thanks for answering. You are right that the order doesnt matter for the armor type and value, however it matters for hardened skin.
8.You'll have to then state a comparison between the item-type held by the 'hero' in your trigger (hero being a generic term, this will work for units too) and the item-type you want.
Can you elaborate what trigger exactly i have to use? What i have is: "item being manipulated is equal to Belt of gaint strength"

Level 3
Exactly - it is a "unit is attacked" event, but what comparison condition do i have to use to make "unit has item of type" - is it unit type comparison, item type comparison - these seem not to have that option.
And one more question: What structure unit to use as a base and what option to enable to make a structure have inventory slots?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1)Does critical come after armor and hard skin?
It multiplys the damage dealt before armor or hard skin. The result is that armor is still as effective (if not more if the minimum catch is restricting the damage received) but hard skin is less effective (as the blow does more damage thus the % reduction from the ability is less).
2)in which order do defend, armor and hard skin take effect?
I believe it does defend first (as it can null damage) and then armor. Hard skin reduces any remaining damage.
3)does armor TYPE reduction come before armor value reduction?
Armor reduction comes before type. Proof is that armor can reduce damage to atleast 1 (99.9999% reduction on 1 damage will still deal 1 damage) but armor type can then reduce that minimum damage below 1 (weak damage types can deal less than 1 damage as a result but still have a minimum).
4)How to disable a unit picking up two items of same type eg body armor( do i use item class or item type for this?)
Triggers, you make a system which removes duplicate items and makes sure to remove items that a hero type should not hold.
5)How to make an item reduce the critical strike chance of an enemy?
Impossible. You would have to emulate the whole critical strike process which is not exactly what you are after and not always accurate.
6)How to make an ability have no icon?
Hidden spellbook, where you place an ability inside a spellbook and then use triggers to disable the spellbook. Any passives will still grant their effect (as they are active) but the spellbook icon will not be visible as it has been disabled.
7)How to change the 70%dmg of ranged attacks property on arcanite shield?
Is it not part of its attached ability/ies? If not then it is impossible.
8)When making a trigger, where to choose a condition - unit HAS item of item type?
Itterate through all unit item slots. If the type of the item in the current slot matches the required item type then return true, else return false if it itterates through all slots and makes it to function end.

Level 13
4)
-> You can carry only one purchasable item with the same level
  • OnlyOne
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Purchasable
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer intB_ItemAq_OnlyOne) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set x_ItemAq_OnlyOne = 0
          • For each (Integer intA_ItemAq_OnlyOne) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot intA_ItemAq_OnlyOne)
                  • (Item level of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot intA_ItemAq_OnlyOne)) Equal to (Item level of (Item being manipulated))
                  • (Item-class of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot intA_ItemAq_OnlyOne)) Equal to Purchasable
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set x_ItemAq_OnlyOne = intA_ItemAq_OnlyOne
                • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • x_ItemAq_OnlyOne Greater than 0
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Drop the item which the hero had first --------
              • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot x_ItemAq_OnlyOne) from (Triggering unit)
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 3.00 seconds the text: |cffff0000The item ...
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.