• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

some ideas...maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
just throwing out some ideas. wether or not me or anybody else uses them or gets any ideas i dont know :D

king of the hill. ive never seen a king of the hill map... or at least one that is centered around capturing a hill or something. it could be similar to an arena map where players pick a hero and basicaly beat the hell outta eachother. free for all? 2 teams? 3 teams? and of course there would be a steady spawn of coputer soldiers that players could hack away at as they try to conquer the hill.

rpg/aos map? idk. i think ive seen it before or something similar. basicaly players pick a hero and play through a "sped up" rpg with the main focus aos. so i guess aos with quests and rpg stuff. idk. i dont like rpgs or aos and its not exactly original but eh.

a massive battle thingy thing. players only control units. but each individual unit gains exp like heroes would. you can upgrade your army over time and get new units etc. maybe even equip individual units with items. a lot of micromanaging whcih a lot of people dont like. and it may come down to just pure luck. unless you can micromanage amazingly the game will depend on the lucky one who's units cause the most damage. idk what the goal is. beat the hell outta the other player? im thinking yes :)

a map that players pick one hero. they equip that hero with custom spells (build a hero) and go and tear up other enemy heroes. but there is no units. players or computer dont control any units! just heroes. and heroes dont gain levels maybe... not to balance but to make the game revolve more around using spells/items over getting lucky and recieving exp. i just think the no levels will force players to change previous strategies and such. but its not an arena. like objectives maybe. erhm king of the hill?

idk these were just ideas. and they do strongly reflect my opinion and gaming style (single minded game with one objective: kill kill kill!). feel free to add onto any of these ideas mix and match em, or come up with you own. and if people tend to like one idea over antoher or people are like "oh my god thats crazy" then i might make it.

Level 6
im not a huge fan of footman frenzy but hey it does sound pretty neat. chaotic yes. adn a ffa king of the hill...probaly very very difficult.

oh and heres something else.

players use only one hero and no units. but the player can at any time replace their hero with another one. so players never become "attached" to any one hero but instead use a hero that will have an advantage during a certain time in the game. like there is classes of heroes. one hero for each class. and each hero has their own custom skills that make them uperior in various situations. so if a player wanted to say farm they may switch a high health hero with aos spells and such for killing creeps. then but the item they wanted and switch to an assassin hero to gank another hero. just another idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.