• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Advanced Spell Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a few spell ideas that i would like to use for my map, but im not sure what triggers to use. Here are the spells:

*A move based off crushing wave that as the levels get higher, more waves are casted every time the spell is used
*A move base off of Chain lightning that hits three times. Once with fire once with ice and once with lightning. It would be channeling.
*Blink Attack
*A spell that once casted, it shoots one fireballs in every direction around the hero at once
*A spell like the previous one that shoots off a bunch of shockwaves around the hero, but randomly
*Last, a spell that casts three thunder claps on after the other.

Thanks.

Level 3

Ya, I've tried these spells but I dont know what triggers to use. That is why I'm "requesting" someone to help me with it.

Level 9
2 questions...:
- In spell no. 1 you mean, that there are few crushing waves, casting at once, or over some period of time?
- In spell no. 4 you mean the fireballs to be casted at once in how many directions? 5, 6, 7, 10?

And, to the spell no. 2: i`m not able to do this spell, cause there is no way to detect the units damaged by the chain lightning. Go and post here, there your spell may be done.

EDIT:
From all the spells you have put here, i made only 4, from which 1 isn`t working... I didnt do:
- Spell no. 1 - half because of reason same as in point 4., half because the trigger i made just doesn`t work...
- Spell no. 2 - there is no way to detect units hit by chain lightning.
- Spell no. 4 - just don`t know what you mean...
The 3 other spells work perfectly, and have even inspired me to make some kind of map... ;P

Attached map.

Attachments

• DemoMap.w3x
    31.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.