• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] blender mirrored parts problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
please help me!

his right leg & left arm seems invisible in warcraft & world editor & reteras model studio & other warcraft modeling tools!
i also try it with its textures but again it has this problem while has textures!
seems when i export my model as an MDL file, it gets many problems.
how may i fix this problem?

Attachments

• My model.png
    My model.png
    2 MB · Views: 51
  • My model in blender.png
    My model in blender.png
    689.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
The arm looks weird because the normals are inverted. This happens often when you mirror something by copying it and inverting its scale.

First of all, try applying the scale of the arm by selecting it and pressing CTRL+A > Scale. Do the same with the leg. This will prevent them from having negative scale on any axis.

Next, enter edit mode (TAB), select everything (A), and press SHIFT+N. This should flip the normals back.

Another tip: to make the head look smooth, select it > right cick > "Shade Smooth". Then, go to the object data tab in the properties panel (the green triangle icon), and under "Normals", check "Auto Smooth". Adjust the angle until it looks like you want.

It is possible to visualize normals in the overlay menu, this lets you see if they are pointing the correct way (outwards). Here is a tutorial on how to do that:
Show Normals – Blender Knowledgebase

Last edited:
Level 5
The arm looks weird because the normals are inverted. This happens often when you mirror something by copying it and inverting its scale.

First of all, try applying the scale of the arm by selecting it and pressing CTRL+A > Scale. Do the same with the leg. This will prevent them from having negative scale on any axis.

Next, enter edit mode (TAB), select everything (A), and press SHIFT+N. This should flip the normals back.

Another tip: to make the head look smooth, select it > right cick > "Shade Smooth". Then, go to the object data tab in the properties panel (the green triangle icon), and under "Normals", check "Auto Smooth". Adjust the angle until it looks like you want.

It is possible to visualize normals in the overlay menu, this lets you see if they are pointing the correct way (outwards). Here is a tutorial on how to do that:
Show Normals – Blender Knowledgebase

thank you so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.