• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with MDX Import to Blender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I downloaded this plugin for Blender 2.79 : PavelBlend/Blender_WarCraft-3 and it works for models that I downloaded from Hive or somewhere else.
The problem is I can't open models directly from my Warcraft game. I downloaded CASC view, I extracted all the data, I did Optimizer to 800 with Modeling Optimizer tool, I also converted from mdl to mdx with Converter tool. But every time I try to import to Blender, nothing appears. I attached a screenshot of a custom model and a model from Warcraft. With warcraft model, it's empty, it doesn't show up. I don't know what to do, and I am not eligible for 3ds Max student version. Milkshape website seems to be down, so I can't even get that. All other tools seem to be outdated, and I tried to use Retera Model Studio Reforged hack version, but it doesn't display models either, and it gives me errors (I will try to play around more with it).
Thus, Blender seems to be my last option. Any help would be appreciated a lot.

Attachments

• Blender Custom model.png
    Blender Custom model.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Blender Warcraft model.png
    Blender Warcraft model.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 32

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Try different Blender plugins. I tried couple different ones, and some of them return error, and others just imports nothing.

This is the one that finally worked for me.

Level 5
Thank you Nyctaeus, I am actually using that plugin right now. I narrowed down the issue to mdx file , Blender supports 1000 .mdx format, but every time I try to optimize it, it doesn't show up there. I tried same with Milkshake and it said to me "File doesn't have any mesh", so I am gonna try to figure out somehow what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.