• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solstice ORpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
First off the other thread is dead so.. let it die.. now :)

Hello everybody, i have been working on this RPG map for about a Month or so.

Solstice Orpg
http://solsticeorpg.freeforums.org/

The features of the map will include:

• an equipment system (where you can equip 1 plate armor, 1 helm, 1 main hand, an off hand (yes we have dual wielding), Gloves, and one accessory (necklace, Jewel, bracelet.)
  • Class level up stones (if you need to know i'll explain later
  • Almost all custom spells in one way or another.
  • Dungeons or Instances
  • Item Interaction
  • Tons of quests as well as (party quests) which are like dungeons or instances.

Upcoming features
  • Dungeons for that better drop in items
  • Quests
  • PvP system
  • Forging/combinding Items
  • Inventory System
  • Strategic Dungeons/Party quests
  • Sets

Same old same old save/load system

There are 9 classes, custom models of each:
  • Druid
  • Fighter
  • Chaos Knight
  • Ranger
  • Mage
  • Shaman
  • Priest
  • Rogue
  • Warden

This map is sorta based off FFORPG (sorta) :-\

I want to keep the team small so im looking for 1 individual to create the triggers - This means you will be writing the story! (Besides myself I did some), and also 1 individual to help with terrain.

And maybe someone to help with items :D but if 1 person could do all 3 that'd be great..

Requirements -
Basically just do the work good and get it done :)

You will need good knowledge of Terrain, and helping with triggers.

Also MSN instant messager.

SS1-2.jpg

ss2-2.jpg

ss3-4.jpg

ss4-1.jpg

ss5-1.jpg

ss6.jpg

=D :D

Our project
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/solstice-orpg-138678/#post1248609

Last edited:
Level 3
I can offer you a few things, if you still need help anywhere.

I can help with storyline, JASS spells and things, and possibly item maker (though I don't know what that involves since you have a custom inventory system). I can do some terrain, but I don't have any models currently, so I'd like to avoid that if possible. I also have image editing software, so I can do some very basic icons and probably skins too, but I'll let you know that I'm no artist.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. Thanks.

Level 8
could u help me fix this trigger i'm workin on atm?

• Swords
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Crystal Sword
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Diamond Sword
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c00e3be79Excalibur|r
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Ice Sword
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Mithril Sword
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c00e3be79Ragnarok|r
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c0000ff00Short Sword|r
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c00e3be79Nagrarok|r
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Chirijiraden
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Buster Sword
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Gale Sword
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Silver Sword
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c00e3be79Eclipse|r
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c00e3be79Excalibur2|r
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c00804000K|r|c00aa7f00i|r|c00d4be00kuichimonji|r
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Name of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to |c000000FFWarrior|r
              • (Name of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to |c000000FFChaos Knight|r
              • (Name of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue|r
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to move (Item being manipulated) to inventory slot 4
        • Else - Actions
          • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
Okay currently this will move the item to the icon in inventory that looks like a sword, now how can i make it so they can't move it and get another sword? but still be able to drop it to get a different one, Also if i have...

• Spears
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c00e3be79Dragon Lance|r
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Mithril Spear
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Crystal Spear
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Name of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to |c000000FFWarrior|r
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to move (Item being manipulated) to inventory slot 4
        • Else - Actions
          • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
How can i make it so this is a 2h wpn and they can't have an offhand if they have this?

Level 3
I've made an item inventory system before that gives the player a separate inventory (essentially a dummy unit), giving the player 6 more slots for charged items, and converting equipped items into abilities which are displayed in a set order.

I know this might not seem to make much sense but I can make a quick version at some point and post it as a map.

Level 3
Okay, here is the demo version. Note that this is nowhere near complete, it's just to provide a basis for what I'm describing.

There are some advantages and disadvantages to this system.

Advantages:
- Frees hero inventory for charged items (potions, scrolls, etc.)
- Allows for a ten slots for equipment (helm, chestpiece, pauldrons, gloves, pants, boots, weapon, shield/weapon, amulet, ring)
- Inventory contains six more slots for storage.
- Easy to enforce requirements on equip-able items (level, attribute, ability, etc.)

Disadvantages:
- Equip-able items require more work to make.
- Equip-able items cannot be stored or carried.

There are some other issues that would need to be addressed, but I won't bother mentioning them for the purpose of the demo.

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm absolutely ready.

Yes, let me know the requirements for different items, and any story you've come up with so far so I kind of get the feel of the world and all.

I can make a few icons for some icons, as well.

Also, is it necessary that I register in the forum you listed previously? Does the entire team use it, or is much of your communication done through MSNM? I'd like to meet some of the other team members and maybe see what they're working on, too.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to work on this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.