• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New map idea [RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey everyone so I thought about making a map, i've attempted many times before but haven't ever gone all the way, i'm finally thinking it's time I try to go all the way.

What I can do:
Items, Units, GUI scripting for most anything (tool tips kill me -.-)

What I need for a team:
-.- everything from terrainer-scripter so if your interested ask

What I want to achieve by this:
To start making an rpg map and finsh it with a good team. :D now to the good part.

What this map is about:
"Currently" it's going to be about the solstice's so funny weather, very odd setup of things, alot to do with gods (Moon/sun god) but there is an verr evil warlock who is tempted to mess with the solstice's so they last everyday of the year rather then 1 day and release these so called demons who appear and raise hell across the lands on the solstice's (everyday now) it screws everything up, and its up to you the hero to achieve victory!

Yeah I know we need a better story line... any ideas? just post i'm lookin for some better ones

Below i've listed various things I hope to put in here and know how to do most all of them:
  • save/load system
  • an equipment system (where you can equip 1 plate armor, 1 helm, 1 main hand, an off hand (yes we have dual wielding), Gloves, and one accessory (necklace, Jewel, bracelet.)
  • Class level up stones (if you need to know ask me but i'll explain later better later)
  • Almost all custom spells in one way or another.
  • Dungeons or Instances
  • Item Interaction
  • Tons of quests as well as (party quests) which are like dungeons or instances.
  • Dungeons for that better drop in items
  • PvP system
  • Forging/combinding Items/socketing items! :D
  • Inventory System
  • Professions
  • Strategic Dungeons/Party quests
  • Sets

Also there are 9 classes, custom models of each (Class amounts may vary):
  • Druid
  • Fighter
  • Chaos Knight
  • Ranger
  • Mage
  • Shaman
  • Priest
  • Rogue
  • Warden

So yeah, just lemme know what you think, ideas count i'd love to hear everyone in the communitys ideas and thoughts thanks...

if you'd like to contact me outside of here:

Level 18
Another ORPG ?

I think you should work on your class, to make them different from the other 150k. RPG on the hive.

Also you should imagine some original systems which can make your RPG special.

Hmm, the only thing you have to do is to make something original. There are already awesome RPG there (TKOK e.g.) you can expect to beat them if you just make a copy of what they did.

Level 8
So I understand we need something original what i'm starting to think of is a way to make the game feel different, more wanting of a person playing it, like the ui etc.. uhm currently we really don't have alot to play cept a few starting things which we deff need to fix. We need a terrainer for that uh but those are very hard to come by. So forth if you have any ideas on how to make it more original something more... different something magical, mystical, unique. Lemme know i'm lookin for ideas on that

Level 5
An RPG I started messing with (never to publish, just as triggering practice) had a pretty nice but simple equipment system. It used potions with the tooltip of the item that once used gave your hero the appearance of wearing the item and the bonus stats. If another items was "drunk" it would replace the other one in that slot. Simple scripting, but for every item you add, you had to add that item to every other item with the same type o_O

I know that is time consuming, but it's the only way I know to do. To comment on your story line, instead of making it a solstice every day of the year, which is kinda open-ended, narrow it down to something like a winter solstice (longest night of the year >:3) that happens to have a total solar eclipse that day, and the evil warlock teams up with a werewolf guy to freeze the moon in place, and since it is permanent night, all sorts of evil things are born to release hellfire upon the civilized world!

Edit: I rethought the equipment system just now, and IIRC, warcraft can put what equipment you equipped into an array, from which you can skip checking for each item equippable in that slot. I'm guessing that when it equips an item and it sees another in that slot it gives you a copy of the item you removed and removes the one you equiped. This would still require one really big trigger, but it reduces the size of all the other triggers for that item type.

Last edited:
Level 8
An RPG I started messing with (never to publish, just as triggering practice) had a pretty nice but simple equipment system. It used potions with the tooltip of the item that once used gave your hero the appearance of wearing the item and the bonus stats. If another items was "drunk" it would replace the other one in that slot. Simple scripting, but for every item you add, you had to add that item to every other item with the same type o_O

I know that is time consuming, but it's the only way I know to do. To comment on your story line, instead of making it a solstice every day of the year, which is kinda open-ended, narrow it down to something like a winter solstice (longest night of the year >:3) that happens to have a total solar eclipse that day, and the evil warlock teams up with a werewolf guy to freeze the moon in place, and since it is permanent night, all sorts of evil things are born to release hellfire upon the civilized world!

Edit: I rethought the equipment system just now, and IIRC, warcraft can put what equipment you equipped into an array, from which you can skip checking for each item equippable in that slot. I'm guessing that when it equips an item and it sees another in that slot it gives you a copy of the item you removed and removes the one you equiped. This would still require one really big trigger, but it reduces the size of all the other triggers for that item type.

Hm, interesting idea... this would mean we could make a winter solstice one then a summer solstice as a sequeal if this goes right... hmm well i like this idea

(Update overall)
1 - Chats updated now includes world, party, and whisper chats. (basically chats are labeled differently now)
2 - Updated the teleporter, uses menus to ask where you go as well as a level restriction on them.
3 - Updated the char selection. Can now pick race.

Level 5
Thanks for liking my storyline idea

If I might add another suggestion (I know how to do this in multimedia, but figuring it out on my own in the trigger editer is killing me right now for my own project) is to have a talent system that can make one generic class have multiple paths open up for it. I know how to do something like this using spellbook, but I can't remember how to make adding a point in one talent book use up one of your total talent points and not just one for that book alone.
I'm thinking that if you use an item/ability that opens up a list of talent trees/books in the inventory menu and setting the items you had in your inventory previously into an array for later grabbage, you could do some triggering to make different sets of talents. Again, I'm not entirely positive how to make this work, and I think I should try it first in my own map to make sure I'm not just clinging to a hope that my mmf scripting skills can carryover

Level 8
Thanks for liking my storyline idea

If I might add another suggestion (I know how to do this in multimedia, but figuring it out on my own in the trigger editer is killing me right now for my own project) is to have a talent system that can make one generic class have multiple paths open up for it. I know how to do something like this using spellbook, but I can't remember how to make adding a point in one talent book use up one of your total talent points and not just one for that book alone.
I'm thinking that if you use an item/ability that opens up a list of talent trees/books in the inventory menu and setting the items you had in your inventory previously into an array for later grabbage, you could do some triggering to make different sets of talents. Again, I'm not entirely positive how to make this work, and I think I should try it first in my own map to make sure I'm not just clinging to a hope that my mmf scripting skills can carryover

Well we could make no hero abilitys avaible or if we did maek a level up in the spell book uhm I think this would be cool but i'm not sure if you could do this

Level 8
bump.gif

Level 2
i could help you out with the terrain i guess. :)
i have some interesting ideas already.

just some questions:

- what kind of camera-angle/perspektive do you wanna use in your game?
- do you have the map already with triggers and the whole stuff, or do you want to start a whole new thing?
- could you pm me where are you from? ^^
would make things easier, because my english grammar skills are pretty shitty xD

if you want to check my skills in terraining, i could send you some pics :)

Level 1
Hey everyone so I thought about making a map, i've attempted many times before but haven't ever gone all the way, i'm finally thinking it's time I try to go all the way.

What I can do:
Items, Units, GUI scripting for most anything (tool tips kill me -.-)

What I need for a team:
-.- everything from terrainer-scripter so if your interested ask

What I want to achieve by this:
To start making an rpg map and finsh it with a good team. :D now to the good part.

What this map is about:
"Currently" it's going to be about the solstice's so funny weather, very odd setup of things, alot to do with gods (Moon/sun god) but there is an verr evil warlock who is tempted to mess with the solstice's so they last everyday of the year rather then 1 day and release these so called demons who appear and raise hell across the lands on the solstice's (everyday now) it screws everything up, and its up to you the hero to achieve victory!

Yeah I know we need a better story line... any ideas? just post i'm lookin for some better ones

Below i've listed various things I hope to put in here and know how to do most all of them:
  • save/load system
  • an equipment system (where you can equip 1 plate armor, 1 helm, 1 main hand, an off hand (yes we have dual wielding), Gloves, and one accessory (necklace, Jewel, bracelet.)
  • Class level up stones (if you need to know ask me but i'll explain later better later)
  • Almost all custom spells in one way or another.
  • Dungeons or Instances
  • Item Interaction
  • Tons of quests as well as (party quests) which are like dungeons or instances.
  • Dungeons for that better drop in items
  • PvP system
  • Forging/combinding Items/socketing items! :D
  • Inventory System
  • Professions
  • Strategic Dungeons/Party quests
  • Sets

Also there are 9 classes, custom models of each (Class amounts may vary):
  • Druid
  • Fighter
  • Chaos Knight
  • Ranger
  • Mage
  • Shaman
  • Priest
  • Rogue
  • Warden

So yeah, just lemme know what you think, ideas count i'd love to hear everyone in the communitys ideas and thoughts thanks...

if you'd like to contact me outside of here:

i think you are looking for this

worldofwarcraft.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.