• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solstice Orpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Solstice ORPG

Credit to everyone on hiveworkshop that we've used spells/models/icons

If you really like us you can join our forums (http://solsticeorpg.freeforums.org/)

This rpg takes place in a land with dungeons and huge monster to overcome tasks of strength and courage.
There are currently 9 different classes in this game. Each class has a different spells, theres a spellbook system, a battle system, etc...

Current Team:
  • AzNoNcRaCk - Spells/Triggers
  • Googlieeyes - Triggers/Units
  • None - Terrainer
  • None - Item Maker

List of RPG features:
  • A Battle system (shows dmg and spells).
  • Various boss encounters and events around the entire map.
  • A Epic size map (still need a terrainer)
  • Multi-player only game.
  • A dungeon system which allows you to pick an item after a boss (only 1)
  • 8 classes at the moment adding more later.
  • An equipment system (where you can equip 1 plate armor, 1 helm, 1 main hand, an off hand (yes we have duel weilding), Gloves, and one accessory (necklace, Jewel, bracelet.)
  • Class level up stones (if you need to know i'll explain later
  • Almost all custom spells in one way or another.
  • Dungeons or Instances
  • Item Interaction
  • Tons of quests as well as (party quests) which are like dungeons or instances.

Upcoming features
  • Dungeons for that better drop in items
  • Quests
  • PvP system
  • Forging/combinding Items
  • Inventory System
  • Strategic Dungeons/Party quests
  • Sets

Same old same old save/load system

There are 9 classes, custom models of each:
  • Druid
  • Warrior
  • Chaos Knight
  • Ranger
  • Mage
  • Shaman
  • Priest
  • Rogue
  • Warden

Things we need:
  • Terrainer/Item maker/triggerer (either one who does all or a couple of people to do theses
  • Good storyline
  • Loading screen

SS1-2.jpg

ss2-2.jpg

ss3-4.jpg

ss4-1.jpg

ss5-1.jpg

ss6.jpg

We just want Ideas, etc feed back, so lemme know, More SS very soon

We just wanna get out rpg out there and kinda known with a name :)
thanksss :spell_breaker:
~Googlieeyes

Last edited:
Level 6
Looks cool, one note though. I would reconsider the more exp alone thing as it does not encourage teamwork at all. That's something bad imo.

Level 8
Looks cool, one note though. I would reconsider the more exp alone thing as it does not encourage teamwork at all. That's something bad imo.

Well if u lvl together it splits the xp, otherwise u get it all alone but it's hella hard so it's not gonna be better to lvl alone, it'd be better together

lol looks nice, keep on to good work

btw what suggestions do you need ? (heroes, items..?)

yeah just anything you've got for suggestions, we need someone to do items/terrain.. right now thats bout it

Level 4
I have a question actually.

Is this rpg some how related to the online rpg Solstice? Im just wondering because of the same name althought I have never actually played the online Solstice.

Level 8
I have a question actually.

Is this rpg some how related to the online rpg Solstice? Im just wondering because of the same name althought I have never actually played the online Solstice.

nope not at all

Ok got it send it to [email protected] if ya want me to work on it i under stand now.. and dungeons, Special instances, Ect.

i'll throw the items etc on the map after just make it on a fresh map :D

Level 2
WOW Triple post... anywho this seems promising, but I wanna know what is going to make this rpg different from the others we've seen. Not to be discouraging, but looking at your list of features none of them appear to be original to this map except maybe the class level up stones.

Level 3
i wreckon an awesome feature to this map would be randomly generated groups that wonder the map(or at least general areas) like a pack of wolves or band of bandits, also like traveling merchants and dueling heroes who you duel for prizes. and in the case there too hard to find you could do certain triggers that attract certain groups like get meat go to a certain area and use it, and the wolf pack will come maybe with a special boss too.

Level 8
WOW Triple post... anywho this seems promising, but I wanna know what is going to make this rpg different from the others we've seen. Not to be discouraging, but looking at your list of features none of them appear to be original to this map except maybe the class level up stones.

Well the lvl up stones are called Rebirthing, we're going to have a lot to do with the solstices', full moons, etc :D and we'll be adding in hopefully more if we get suggestions

i wreckon an awesome feature to this map would be randomly generated groups that wonder the map(or at least general areas) like a pack of wolves or band of bandits, also like traveling merchants and dueling heroes who you duel for prizes. and in the case there too hard to find you could do certain triggers that attract certain groups like get meat go to a certain area and use it, and the wolf pack will come maybe with a special boss too.

hm, this is an idea i'll look into i like this one

Level 8
Hey there. I´m here, cause i want you to help a bit. but also to tell you something.
So, if you want me to test the map to check for bugs, errors , ideas etc, post it to my email "feuerrache@web[dot]de"
Also joined your forum.
So, to what i want to tell you: Please don´t take ideas of my Dungeon Gods RPG, that wouldn´t be so nice :wink:
So, hope, your map will go on.

Level 24
I like popping up randomly in threads.

Anyway im gonna ask a serious question for you, whats supposed to be so good about this ORPG? Why shouldnt i just go play WoW, TBR or TKOK or any other better ORPG instead? Think about it, your map should feature something new and now im not talking about these "unique" ideas everyone is bragging about on Hive. For example, why not for once make an orpg which actually requires some skills, i mean right-clicking units sure is fun, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.