• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soldiers vs Zombies 1.01 + AI v.03

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Sorry for the Peoples that i didn't credited your models and skins! but now i'll credit you if you see this!
Thanks for
Pins - Hi-Tech Marine Model
epsilon - Special Force Marine Model
TurieL - Rifleman Model
qassamzed - GLA Rebel Model
jigrael - Head Zombie Model
Just_Spectating - Faceless Zombie Skin
ana - Villager Zombie Skin
horusrogue - Fat Zombie Skin
l0w_kwaliti - T51b Marine Model
halo - Heavy Zombie Skin

Thats all!
More Mutant Zombie will coming on new version
and New Skins for Marines and models on new version too!
----------------------------------------------------------
Story :
As you progress to a City. Zombies running to you! You need to kill the zombies every Wave and their Head Zombie on Final!
Features :
New Models
New Skins
Balanced Healths
Balanced Gameplay
With A.I Script
10 Waves of Zombies!
3 Mutant Zombies (ADDED MORE NEXT VERSION)

promo5.png

promo4.png

promo3.png

promo2.png

promo1.png

promo6.png

New Type of Zombies! (Zombie Ghoul)
New 2 Mutant Zombies! (Firing Spider), (Rusher Zombie).
New A.I Script! A.I will attack the Boss in final!.
Weaken Guns!
Every Wave have level of Zombies!
More Life for Mutant Zombies
More Damage for Fat Zombie and Faceless Zombie.
Fixed the letter when you kill your teammate like (--BLABLA-- Team KillBlerton)
Leaderboard added!
Units will be heroes soon!
No Tavern

Keywords:
Zombies, Modern, Survival, Defense, Kill, Mutant, Mutant Zombies, Head Zombie, head zombie
Contents

Soldiers vs Zombies 1.01 + AI v.03 (Map)

Reviews
14:30, 14th Apr 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Not bad for a first map, but it's not approvable material either.

M

14:30, 14th Apr 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Not bad for a first map, but it's not approvable material either.

Level 7
Rule violation: Fix Description please!

To Map Creator - I see you are willing to become a famous map maker and are trying to do things right.

But first you need to fix your description, not only will it get more people to download your map, but it will stop your from violating HiveWorkShop rules.

So here are a few tips and tricks on how to do things (includes description tips):

First 1: Always be nice to people, even if there not nice to you.

Second: Always have a good preview map cover

Thirdly: Always have a valid description, if you need description help go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/importance-description-127031/#post1117301

Fourthly: Constantly update it and making it better is good, but if you are going to update the map, make sure the update is huge before doing soo. Minor unnecessary changes can annoy people.

I'll download and review the map, once you fix description and if the description sounds good,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Good luck with the map, fix the description and im sure it will get 3/5 - 5/5 stars :p

Level 7
Awesome map heres a review!

Nice map, :p Just downloaded and played.

I'm about to review it... Although you need to put the screenshots in hidden tag this can be done by
[R/HIDDEN] (Remove the R) Put that around your image urls and it will improve the description.

Pros:
  • Everything worked
  • Nice concept
  • Nice rounds
  • No bugs/glitches
  • Nice AI
  • Nice online play - no crashes

Cons:
  • Waiting in-between rounds
  • Zombies too easy to kill
  • Not balanced zombies weaker than gunner

Add a square dialogue box which can be minimized to the top right hand corner.

This dialogue box would list every players name and next to their name would be the number of zombies killed.

Example:

Players...................kills
Lag_Reviews.............55
Lag_Reviewss............22
Lag_Reviewz..............66

Add a timer box for in-between rounds. This box would pop up in the top right hand corner every time a wave of zombies have been killed. It would then count down how long you have left until the next wave.

Yes the map is ok, but I think it is missing something. So I thought why not add a wave number.

Add a wave number it would appear the words Wave x (X=number wave you are on) and it would read it out for example "Wave 1 would flash in the middle of the screen for 5 seconds and it would be read allowed by a custom voice."

Make there a hero chooser at the start of the game. You would be an infected human and there would be the 4 men standing infront of a circle of power.

You would walk you infected human next to the circle of power to find the info about the gunner. (Info could be gun type attack speed weapon speed etc)

This would just make it a bit more fun.

Make your gunner level up like a hero. Each level he could choose new custom abilities.

It would make it a bit more fun.

Now i was thinking one shot kill to most of the zombies bah. It is too easy, why don't you make the zombies level up every round.

Each round the zombies get 10 more hp and 0.5 armor point, this would just make the game a bit more challenging. As for now it is unbalanced sort of.

Add background info, Add Credits, Add change log, Add how to play to the quest menu (F9) in game.

Add a custom loading screen (The screen after you click start game) It could be of a gunner shooting a zombie for example.

Maybe make a short start cinematic which shows why the humans are killing zombies there/how the humans got to the island/how the zombies got there.

Basically just a short background cinematic of the map.

Also you could add an ending Cinematic which shows the Humans killing off the zombies (If the humans win) or the Zombies killing off the humans (If the zombies kill all humans and win)

Maybe add a Zombie counter for the wave in the bottom left hand corner just above the inventory box.

It would appear every time a wave starts and show how many zombies are left to kill in that wave.

Good map, keep it coming,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Good luck, keep up the good work, your first map is brilliant!

Last edited:
Level 28
Can you please use BB-codes in the description?
It's kind of crappy to read right now.

Here's the list + how they look like:

[ hidden="How it looks"]

[ simpletable=Your Map]

[ center][ h1]Header 1[/h1][/center]
[ indent][ h2]Header 2[/h2][/indent]
[ h3]Header 3[/h3]

text

[ list]

[*]Note 1

[*]Note 2

[*]...

[/list]
[/box]

[ hr]500[/hr]

[ box=Extra Info]

[ list=1]

[*]Note 1

[*]Note 2

[*]....

[/list]

[ list=a]

[*]Something

[*]Another thing

[/list]
[/box]
[ /hidden]

Your Map

Header 1

Header 2

Header 3

Here you can type whatever you want, the basic gameplay, the story, ...
  • Note 1
  • Note 2

Extra Info

1. Note 1
  2. Note 2
  3. ....

• Something
  • Another thing
Hidden tags for screenies.
Headers (or bold text) for titles.
Not too much color (just... don't use colors, like now).
blabla, check it yourself and come up with some brilliant description layout.

Supertoinkz way of reviewing (>:D)

Gameplay - 3/5
Well, nothing special..duh. The soldiers have 100+ damage that could kill anything easily with just a few shots. Make more realism, add bullets and more. Also, It will be 2/5, but there is an AI included :p. Also why can I see everything? It spoils the game, no thrills at all.

Terrain - 2/5
I can feel the "moderness" you may want to make more imports. Reduce the amount of destructibles you just spammed. Also, Coral's on city sewers? Tropical/Ruin liked gates and doodads? IN A CITY? Oh mah gawd. There are too many open places and corpses.

Imports - 2/5
Wrong choice of imports baby. Can you just make everyone look like the same? It will be better. Currently it sucks; there is a High-Tech marine, and Modern Soldier, and a Rifleman. Duh.

Overall Score - 7/15
1-5 = Vote for Rejection
6-10 = Don't know
11-15 = Vote for Approval

Tips and Tricks
  • Return the Fog of War and Black Mask.
  • Import more custom resources that are appropriate to the design and gameplay of the map.
  • More custom object data.
  • Maybe a multiboard containing the status of every player? Like Kills and Death/Alive?
  • Add some info on the Quest. Like credits, changelogs, etc.

Author's Comment
I know it's your first map. But you may want to make a thread first at the Map Development section of the forums before uploading it. In this way, you can receive more comments and suggestions for the map.

~supertoinkz