• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elemental Trial V.1.01

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
[rainbow]STORY:[/rainbow] An evil Overlord has come to the home of the elementals. His mere pressence is enough to disturb the wild creatures into an unusual madness. Using his power, he begins to grip the land with a fowl corruption. It is up to you to slay the demon before more elementals are tainted. Take up Water, Fire or Earth and use their power to end this monster.

GAMEPLAY: You'll start off by getting to see the 3 elemental paths and picking which one apeals to you. Each elemental path has five "tiers" (Novice, Adept, Priest, Knight, Lord) When you reach level 5 as a novice step into the "Advancement Circle" in the Sancuary. Upon doing so you will lose your level 5 Novice, but be given a level 1 Adept. To go from an Adept to Priest (or Priest to Knight, or Knight to Lord) you must agian reach level 5, but in these instances you must upgrade at your respecting elemental shrine. Beyond that, just kill as many creeps as you can!

NOTES: Make sure you drop your Items before upgrading, or you'll lose them.

FIRE: pros and cons
+High dps
+Improved BAT when upgraded
+Very high AGI
+Lord form comes with Chaos attack type
-Weak survivability
-High mana costs

WATER: pros and cons
+Increased regeneration at Priest, Knight and Lord forms
+Very High INT
+Healing abilities
-Low dps

EARTH: Pros and cons
+Increased base attack damage and base armor
+Best survivability
-Low attack speed

The Tiers:
Tier 1: Novice ---> 1 normal ability
Tier 2: Adept-----> 1 normal ability, 1 hero ability
Tier 3: Priest-----> 1 normal ability, 2 hero abilities
Tier 4: Knight----> 2 normal abilities, 2 hero abilities
Tier 5: Lord------> 2normal abilities, 2 hero abilities, 1 master ability

V 1.01
Now a 3 person map!
Added a little bit more story in the form of quests
All monster now give gold & in an effort to reduce travel time, the shop now have healing and mana potions
Added changing Weather effects
The 'Novice' skill now upgrades as you upgrade your elemental
Added new monsters to the starting and ending area
Rebalanced the starting area & and adjusted some other monster levels
Rebalanced Earthbind

Keywords:
elemental, trial, single player, campaign
Contents

Elemental Trial V.1.01 (Map)

Reviews
04:45, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 10
The map itself is average done, i seem to remember a quite similliar map, whom you can play more people with... anyways this map needs better terraining, either more players or a noticeable storyline, not just what is said in the loading screen.

Level 2
Update V1.01

Sorry it took me so long to get this updated and uploaded agian,

light bolt30 said:
Terrain needs improving, its really plain and boring. Description needs to be improve alot more; doesn't seem very pleasant to look at, use these BB Codes to help you fix it.

Thanks, I'll have to bookmark the BB codes

kidsoulex said:
I couldn't advance to priest on water
Also the wave does low dmg you should upgrade it when you go to adept

Did you go to the shrine? its that tiny beach to the east of the base. All three shrines are now marked with a gnoll shaman.

I'll keep working on this and I should have a lot more time now.:thumbs_up:

Also I am noob when it come to triggers so if anyone could help me make it so that you don't have to drop items when upgrading, I'd appreciate it.

Level 18
Elemental Trial V.1.01 Review

Elemental Trial V.1.01 is a RPG map made by Incidious07.

I see Ap0 allready rejected this map, and I guess you updated it. But this map deserves only rejection, since it's really poorly made.

The terrain is really horrid. No dodoads, no height variation, no tile variation, no anything. Dude, you should really work on your terrain more then a few minutes.

The map is also very boring. Nothing original. You just go around and kill creeps. What fun could that be to anyone? The spells aren't much as well.

I suggest a start from scratch on a smaller project. This is really very bad. Practice, read tutorials etc.