• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So which WC3 custom maps would you pay for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
This Wreckage and HeroRPG if it was completed.

Edit: Darkwind RPG also

Last edited:
Level 6
Well, I wouldn't pay anything, but I bet they'll let custom campaigns be sold if they're any good.

Level 11
I think you guys are in the minority otherwise Blizzard is out of their minds, and I don't think they are. I'd argue that some mods are better than real (and full) games out there. Have you ever payed for a retail game that sucked? Think about it.

Level 7
Certainly not your average AoS (dota?), TD or footmen frenzy. Maybe Solar Conquest. But I'd rather not pay anything at all. I think it would work contra-productive and will just attract money-hungry kids. The kind of chinese goldminers, you know.

It might attract money-hungry kids but the likelihood is that if they are selling a crap map noone is going to spend a buck. If it's a good map and people are willing to pay for it (therefore maybe paying for the possibility of updates) then that's not so bad.

To the guy saying nothing on Warcraft 3 would be 'sellable'? That is quite extreme considering how long WC3 has been out and how much quality there is out there-esp. Dota (which is now being launched as stand-alone games verifying it's pedigree as a game) Not to mention the quality of a spinoff game Eota. If there isn't enough quality here then that must mean the world editor potential of this new Starcraft far exceeds this one.

Level 8
Well if I imagine a SC2-CounterStrike map that is turn based as well but has the SC2 lore involved. Now Maps like that could be awesome. I really don't know if the engine enables a smooth camera experience for shooter, but in case it does...
I could imagine to pay 1-2€ for such maps. Why not. There's nothing that restricts a map from being better than certain full retail games.
It wouldn't hurt me for example to pay for DotA that has a better UI and maybe some other minor improvements. It IS fun and can be played for years without getting all too bored. Just a very few €.
Of course none of us will ever pay for a shitty map. But saying already whether you're 100% never ever pay for a SC2 map is a bit premature!

Level 5
Sarcasm has a hard time being translated over the internet.

Interesting point of view. But, i should say, i dont really care of what people say on internet...

This said, i dont think anyone would buy a custom map, mostly because there´s no good offer of maps to sell, if they were any, it would be considerable, but then, reality comes, and there´s a lot of people who cant buy/sell on the internet. So, communism is better for now.

Level 12
I've paid for a terrible retail game on multiple occasions. If somebody puts enough time into a map, and it's something I wouldn't feel like making myself, then I would pay for it.

This whole system really depends on how maps are determined as premium. I'll totally against it if Blizzard doesn't determine premium. I'm totally for it if Blizzard determines what premium map is.

Status
Not open for further replies.