• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sniper Arena V.2.8

well, not much new just some bug fixed.
Contents

Sniper Arena V.2.8 (Map)

Reviews
Earth-Fury: i trust Omniferous' review of this map. Approved.

M

Earth-Fury: i trust Omniferous' review of this map. Approved.

Level 5
Recommendation: Approval
Rationale: Excellent resource.

Pro:
[x] Aiming system is excellent.
[x] Damage based on where you get hit.
[x] Selectable tileset.

Con:
[x] They say it's a beta but it looks fantastic. Don't count this against it.

Level 2
ok i will restore the old model for verision 2.9. do u have any idea fo another model of shall we use the normal one.
i already added ammo selection in this version.
im making ffa mode and king of the hill.
u got any ideas for more modes?
what music were do u want?
there are hints and quest. sure u looked propely?
what idea you got for new pic?
what u mean by pre-selection. if u mean selecting your unit from start its already there.
the system is xXxtrickyxXxs.
its a sniper map. why have more guns?
u got any ideas for more items?
im going to make a reset option when i have time or ask lord_of_sausage to make one. if he got time.
got any ideas for more stuff?

Constructive critisism is okay. but we need some ideas for the map. not just a lot of critisism.
im trying to do a little on the map every day, but its a bit hard whit school aswell

I get now why u critisism so much xXxcriminalxXx. u are the maker of hunters arena. which uses the same idea, just in a different format.

i do like your aiming system better. smoother camera. not so choopy as this

Level 2
I meant if u had any ideas for how the models should look. and what was wrong whit this model?

k i will add a 25,30 and 40 ammo selecton

Me and lord_of_sausage discussed ctf a little, but he trogth it was a bit too easy to run to the flag and get it when everyone is sniping.

if TDM is Teamdeathmatch it is the normal mode we have had all the time.

I dunno abut survival. survival from what? like the one u had in hunters arena? i didn't really like that one, but i had an idea once for a zombie survival type. like u are standing on a hill whit lots of really slow zombies coming at u.

which pic u meant? the loading one or the preview. and why not zooming mode? its the main thing i this map. u mean like a drwing or something instead? or a logo?

the sniper in this map has no abilitys and no stats. the only thing that we could have differnet for each sniper is the cooldown since the damage is basicly a one hit kill if u hit the chest or head and he dosen't have any armor. maybe a fast firing sniper that has low damage. but then we have to make the aiming a lot less chopy. semi-auto or autoamtic? on off switch for auto. click fast for semi-auto?

This is the first map i have really worked on so im not very experienced so i dunno how to make a better aiming system.

there is a annoying bug whit the aiming that i don't know how to fix. if u fire at the side it won't usually hit. atleast not in the head. and when i was trying to make a king of the hill map whit a castle i found out u can't hit someone when u are on a cliff for some reason.

Level 2
the hp bar thing is not the model but a bug whit the terrain i think. i only added a new skin on the rifleman model.
in ctf i think u must become slower and your location will be pinged all the time. i did add a ffa mode in the 2.9 already. just have to finish it.
about the armor. y i can probely do that whit some variables.

about the use anotehr system. i like this system in a way. since it dose not follow terrain like in your game.

Level 2
he did make the groundwork y. but we will keep working on it and expanding it. 2.9 will get a lot of more modes and some new items.

Level 2
i sort of quit now.. started playing garry's mod and it got everything i had in warcraft 3 and more. so v.2.9 might never be released. sorry about that

Level 7
some problem when you are use the system to attack unit that were different from the riflman.Also, is it that you are unable to shoot when there is a cliff, or is that mean to be like that?

Level 19
Wow, this is a great map!
The aiming was perfect, along with the gameplay!
I loved the scope texture.
There was, however, a few bugs:
- When the game ended, I had my scope enabled and this didnt go away, making it very hard to see!
- At one point, my camera started tilting to the right, and wouldnt stop, making IMPOSSIBLE to aim!
Maybe in later versions you should introduce more classes.
Also, consider replacing the model with RiflemanElite - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
5/5

Level 1
hey just wanted to let you know that in the current version the -zoom command doesnt work, other than that not much wrong with it. but i have a few people who complain about the scope, but other wise great job!:thumbs_up:

Level 11
Make it so your camera turns when you press one of the arrow keys. You have to hold it down in order to make the camera start moving so it has a small delay. If you make the camera turn right when u push the button that wud be nice.
Also I think you shud make it show the bullets because that wud be pretty sick. Im making a map that also has sniping (didnt copy this map btw i started it before i even saw this) and i made the bullet go to where u shoot and it kinda works but for some reason it isnt totally accurate :/ but it does look pretty cool. Theres a good sniper rifle bullet model here on the hive

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey that map is very nice
i love it and if you scope u cant aim as well as i/or any other player need
but i have downloaded an delay reducer and if i activate it and i type !dr 1 then all player can aim fantastic.
its only a hint.
sry for my bad english if its bad xD
Rattengeist

Level 20
wow man this map rocks!! 5/5 :thumbs_up:
maybe you should add AI system ;)
also the scope system is pure awesome!!
you should upload it on the hive and share it with others ;p

EDIT:
I played your map today and i found some kind of terrain bug
You should check it out and try to deal with it asap

Attachments