• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sludge monster texture/file missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, i am pretty sure this is the right place to ask this (first post so i may be wrong >.<), here goes: I'm a noob texture person, and want to recolor (don't worry, i'm not posting it) a sludge monster... but after searching for all the relevant words i could think of (sludge, monster, flinger, etc.) with the warcraft III skinner II, all i could find was the icon art. I searched online, and the file path was units\creeps\sludgemonster\sludgemonster (or something to that effect), but the model wasn't in that location for me! The sludge creature can be placed in editor, and he has the proper skin... i just can't seem to find it. Could someone help?

Level 31
Yes we can!!

I think the path you have is wrong.
Is this the monster you mean?
To get it do this:

1. Download "Magos Model Editor" (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/war3-model-editor-62876/)
2. Open it
3. Click on "Windows"
4. Click on "MPQ Browser"
5. Click on "File"
6. Click on "War3x.mpq"
7. Open the folder "Units"
8. Open the folder "Others"
9. Open the folder "Dalaran Reject"
10. Rightclick on the files for exporting

Attachments

• Missgeburt.jpg
    Missgeburt.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,273
Level 38
The dark purple sludge monster skin is the acolyte skin, and the path for that is textures\acolyte.blp

The green sludge monster (Dalaran reject) has it's own skin named Dalaran reject. The path for that is units\other\DalaranReject.blp

I'm guessing it is on the acolyte skin because the acolyte might have originally been able to turn into a sludge monster when sacrificed, or just had enough space left over on it that the artist in charge of making the sludge monster and acolyte decided to put it there to save on space - that skin also has lumber on it, which might be used for the ghoul :/

make sure you use the right \ when designating a skin's path to, if you use the / you'll get an error message saying that the file path is non-existent. It doesn't matter weather or not you use capital or lower-case letters though :D

Level 13
That makes sense...

Maybe they planned an ability for the acolyte that he can drop his cape and change in a sludge.

Level 2
Wow

Yes we can!!

I think the path you have is wrong.
Is this the monster you mean?
To get it do this:

1. Download "Magos Model Editor" (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/war3-model-editor-62876/)
2. Open it
3. Click on "Windows"
4. Click on "MPQ Browser"
5. Click on "File"
6. Click on "War3x.mpq"
7. Open the folder "Units"
8. Open the folder "Others"
9. Open the folder "Dalaran Reject"
10. Rightclick on the files for exporting

The dark purple sludge monster skin is the acolyte skin, and the path for that is textures\acolyte.blp

The green sludge monster (Dalaran reject) has it's own skin named Dalaran reject. The path for that is units\other\DalaranReject.blp

I'm guessing it is on the acolyte skin because the acolyte might have originally been able to turn into a sludge monster when sacrificed, or just had enough space left over on it that the artist in charge of making the sludge monster and acolyte decided to put it there to save on space - that skin also has lumber on it, which might be used for the ghoul :/

make sure you use the right \ when designating a skin's path to, if you use the / you'll get an error message saying that the file path is non-existent. It doesn't matter weather or not you use capital or lower-case letters though :D

ok, sweet. thanks! +rep too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.