• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team color for reforged texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm looking at adding team color to a texture I'm working and am a complete noob at this process, if anyone could provide some guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

--- MERGED WITH ---

I am working on a reforged texture and have been trying to add team color to the model/texture but keep failing.

Any advice or guidance on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time editing a model.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Team Color in Reforged models is in the alpha channel of the ORM texture. Reforged models no longer display Team Color in the transparent pixels of the diffuse texture, and instead use a technique called texture masking. Just open an ORM texture in Photoshop and check out its alpha channel. White areas = Team Color is displayed, Black areas = Team Color is hidden.

Level 4
The Team Color in Reforged models is in the alpha channel of the ORM texture. Reforged models no longer display Team Color in the transparent pixels of the diffuse texture, and instead use a technique called texture masking. Just open an ORM texture in Photoshop and check out its alpha channel. White areas = Team Color is displayed, Black areas = Team Color is hidden.
Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.