• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slithering Zerg UNITE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
These types of contests where everyone gets to vote fail big time. The most popular game (with a semidecent storyline) will auto-win cos of fanboys. And Vader in finals is a joke, he's a movie character, not a game villain. In previous rounds Vader beat Dracula (Castlevania), Glados (Portal), Ryan (Bioshock) and Diablo, WTF!? Those are all pretty darn good villains.

I'm not saying you guys are fanboys but the majority who hang out on gametrailers probably are. Out of those two, Kerrigan definitely is the better game villain but I still love Vader.

IMO there is no greatest villain since every villain in every game in history lets you kill all his henchmen till its only him left, they are all extremely stupid. If I was an end boss in a game I would gather all my guys at the front door of my castle with me standing in the lead, only the greatest game hero of all time would beat me.

edit: I guess that would mean my plans of world domination would move in Matrix-like slowmotion but theres enough time to reign terror after the heroes of the world are all dead.

Level 28
Kerrigan in Starcaft II was a huge dissapointment. The Queen of blades, master of the universe can't even win against a small terran mercendary fleet.

You mean half of the Dominion fleet while so many zerg were far away. (Although I would say, even so, it does feel weird, after Kerrigan manipulating everyone else in BW I thought no other race should be able to wipe her out with a direct frontal assault on her main planet.)

Quick brief. Vader got defeated by an assault of the Rebels on the new Death Star. The Death Star was destroyed, but vader helped Luke escape Palpatine, which makes him a good guy.

Kerrigan on the other hand, never wanted to join the Zerg, but after she did, she wanted revenge. Kerrigan was mad, because she was abandoned by her comrades. After that happened, she started working for the Overmind, and took over later on. She was dis-infected, but we don't know if she's still angry n stuff.

Level 5
Kerrigan is interesting and all, but I have to say that Darth Vader is definitely the better villain... James Earl Jones sounds waaay cooler than whoever voices Kerrigan. Plus, I just can't get behind any of Blizzard's antagonists, other than Diablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.