• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Zerg are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So the zerg have now been unleashed! Here you can find some info:
www.sc2armory.com

Also a (slow loading korean) gameplay video on the Zerg. The video is about 9:30 in length.
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=158745&category=104

I'm personally like the new look and role of the Queen and the Zerg in general seem great too.

I've heard some complains about some units moving while burrowed and also burrowing Ultralisks. I myself don't see that much of a problem really, just gives you more reason to bring a few detectors in your army :p

Oh and by the way don't take everything you see in the video literally, I bet alot of things in the video have not been completely balanced and some things have been altered for show. Also as always things are subject to change and units are subject to getting axed, but don't worry they will still be in the map editor :p .

Last edited:
Level 13
Now I just hope for a playable demo in the next few months :p . Althought it seems abit unlikely :( .

Level 13
damn...one hour ago when I checked the site wasn't updated. They work fast.
I think they were working on it that "hour ago" instead of doing it in a hour. Who knows maybe they worked on that section the whole day. Just coz they work on it doesn't mean you see it on the website :p .

Ultralisk: Looks like it can wobble not bound like a scary beast. From watching this its animations are bad too, no more powerfull sliceing blades, he seems to poke them and stuff or somthing.. o.0
Some of the buildings look a little to cartoony..

Otherwise, all this zerg looks great!

Also, from watching the little side clip with the hydralisk on blizzards site, death animations are just popping into a blood... Burrow animation wasnt so great either...

From watching some clips, some sounds need work too.

But, its not done so.. >_> and they do look really cool.

Q: How far in development is SC2? And how much of it will be included in the final version?
A: Nothing's for certain. It took us such a long time because we were developing other games. Because of our perfectionism we can't say for sure when SC2 will be released.

Level 13
Ultralisk: Looks like it can wobble not bound like a scary beast. From watching this its animations are bad too, no more powerfull sliceing blades, he seems to poke them and stuff or somthing.. o.0
Some of the buildings look a little to cartoony..

Otherwise, all this zerg looks great!

Also, from watching the little side clip with the hydralisk on blizzards site, death animations are just popping into a blood... Burrow animation wasnt so great either...

From watching some clips, some sounds need work too.

But, its not done so.. >_> and they do look really cool.
It's kinda too early to judge the Zergs since as far as I know the Zerg ain't even in beta stage yet. Also that quote you made also points out that it is kind of early to judge :p .

Level 13
Thats what people said about terrans. They havnt changed much yet. ;p
They changed the looks of the siege tank, removed the Cobra, Predator, Firebat and the Star Base.
They improved the graphics on the Thor and later on on all of the Terrans.
They changed the role of the Thor and removed the Artillery Strike skill. They removed the Ground-form Viking's ability to attack air. They moved the Reapers from the Merc Haven to the Barracks.
They added the Jackal and the Marauder.

They changed the looks of the siege tank, removed the Cobra, Predator, Firebat and the Star Base.
They changed the role of the Thor and removed the Artillery Strike skill. They removed the Ground-form Viking's ability to attack air. They moved the Reapers from the Merc Haven to the Barracks.
Oh reely? It seems so redmarine, if thats true, but I even said in my post I was sure they would change those things so I wasnt complaining.

Level 13
Also, if you take a look at early Screenshots of he game:
http://starcraft2.com/images/screenshots/ss7-hires.jpg
And compare it to the ones released at around the release of the Terrans:
http://starcraft2.com/images/screenshots/ss28-hires.jpg
And then to the most recent ones at the release of the Zergs:
http://starcraft2.com/images/screenshots/ss72-hires.jpg

You can see alot of graphical improvement in my opinnion, especially when you compare the 1st to the last. I chose Protoss and Terran pics since they have been "known" since the release of the game, while we only saw the Zerglings from the zerg at the announcement of SC 2, and we still only saw Zerglings when the Terrans were released.

Yeah yeah, I saw all the pics you showed, show me the changes you listed, though.

Level 13
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page read up there. Just search for the articles on the units. Also some of the info I got from the B.net forums and some from Karune himself from the Q&A Batches.

Also here is the change on the seige tank:
new_tank.gif

And don't talk about the C&C unit rank up style picture. The Ranking up system is most likely removed.

Level 13
wait...

are they really saying the zergling look worse than SC? I mean... when was the last time they started sc?

For the first time we get to see some actual DETAIL, and they're complaining about a lack of it...
That picture reminds me that when I was little and I tried SC 1 I thought the Hydralisk den was half of a giant chicken's ribcage ._.

It just reminded me of one, with a bit of skin left on it.

Level 13
Okay, what the hell ? I loved the medic. She better be in the editor or its torches and pitchforks.
Blizzard already stated that all scrapped units and buildings (as long as they have a model in the game and are playable) will be in the map editor. Also some of the classic units for SC 1 that didn't make the cut will also be featured in the editor.

Also remember that this game isn't finished, anything can change! Blizzard right now is expirementing with this idea, but alot of fans are against it. I can almost bet that they will bring back the medic to normal games.

Level 13
*puts down the torches and pitchforks, and disperses the angry mob of peasants*.

I see. I shall be waiting for when the editor comes out to see for myself, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.