• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Many New Screenshots, New Models!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Recently, PlayXP and Gamemeca, two Korean sites, got a chance to test play StarCraft II. While they were playing they managed to take screenshots of the game and have fortunetly posted them.

The screenshots showcase a lot of the art changes that Blizzard has done on the Zerg. In addition, the new Infestor model can be found on them as well.

blue-star2-d-0905-01a.jpg

blue-star2-d-0905-03.jpg

blue-star2-d-0905-05.jpg

blue-star2-d-0905-06.jpg

Click on to Enlarge.

Click on to Enlarge.

Click on to Enlarge.

Click on to Enlarge.

Click on to Enlarge.

Source: PlayXP.com
Gamemeca.com

Level 13
New infestors are cool (and huge!). My only complain is that some of the Zerg units are way too dark. Now, I'm all for dark and gritty art style, but at the moment those blackalisks.. I mean ultralisks just look so out of place in the picture where they are fighting the Terran Thors.

Level 22
Awesomeee!!!

We can see the new look of the Zerg after Blizzard changed their textures and ofc some new units. Here we can see many of the units that we've seen only on separate screenshots and it is like all is here on these shots. I'd say - better forget about old threads, posts, screenshots, all that matters is the latest.

Check out the terrain, the doodads, etc. I made a model of a bio DOME for my map in war3 but deleted it, thinking SC2 may create something like that and much better than mine, so that I can use the Blizzard Dome when I recreate my map in SC2. Now I see that Blizzard did create a bio DOME! Check out the last screenshot!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
All I need to do is finish my exams and I will get an I7 geforce 200 series PC. Finally then I would be ready for this monster cool game when it comes out.

I remember how all the people complained how much SC2 sucked graphically. Well they are so wrong now... As for people like me thought it was amazing then, now its godly.

Level 8
New infestors are cool (and huge!). My only complain is that some of the Zerg units are way too dark. Now, I'm all for dark and gritty art style, but at the moment those blackalisks.. I mean ultralisks just look so out of place in the picture where they are fighting the Terran Thors.

I agree somewhat, on the other hand the game looks a LOT different when actually played so that darkness may suit the game and may not look as confusing as it seems to look in the screenshots. I am loving the new art style though, keep up the good work Blizz!

Level 22
All I need to do is finish my exams and I will get an I7 geforce 200 series PC. Finally then I would be ready for this monster cool game when it comes out.

I remember how all the people complained how much SC2 sucked graphically. Well they are so wrong now... As for people like me thought it was amazing then, now its godly.

So far I didn't get soo much excited when I saw a new battlereport or screenshots, yes, until now. Now this makes me so crazy and impatient about playing that game, i'm looking forward to it big time!

But don't provoke them pls ^ ^ Let's not hope 512 MB Video is not ok or that 3 GB DDR3 and that especially only 2.33 Ghz is bad. Just like in models I'm for quality over size, here I'm also for cool graphics over Tech Specs but still, I don't wanna think that my new AL M17 laptop will not be enough ..

Status
Not open for further replies.