• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slatie the Furred Dragon Spelpak

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
So yeah, only now have I gotten around to actually uploading the spell that won the Hero Contest #1 on the hive. So yeah. Now I guess I should copypasta the tooltips and crap, eh?

lightning.png
When Polarize is casted, it causes the hero's next attack to bounce to nearby enemy units. If there are no nearby enemy units then this ability will do nothing.
Level 1 - Bounces 1 time.
Level 2 - Bounces 2 times.
Level 3 - Bounces 3 times.
greenthing.png
The hero creates a giant orb of mana in the sky. The orb attaches to nearby enemy units, dealing damage and increasing the orb's size. After a few seconds, the orb then releases its stored energy and heals nearby friendly units.
Level 1 - Orb drains for 3 seconds, heals for half the drained amount.
Level 2 - Orb drains for 6 seconds, heals for the drained amount.
Level 3 - Orb drains for 9 seconds, heals for 1.5 times the drained amount.
dragon.png
Gives additional mana regeneration to nearby friendly units. Whenever the hero lands the killing blow on an enemy unit, the mana of the killed unit is shared between allies within a range of 200.
Level 1 - 50% of the killed unit's mana is shared.
Level 2 - 75% of the killed unit's mana is shared.
Level 3 - 100% of the killed unit's mana is shared.
claw.png
The hero creates a sudden cold snap in a circle around a target point, causing the moisture in the air to suddenly freeze, trapping any units caught inside the circle. After 10 seconds, the ice will dissapear, only to reappear above the center of the circle and fall downwards, dealing damage.
Radius of affected area is 250, circle of ice lasts 10 seconds, final ice block deals 200 damage.

Credits for all imports are in the quests menu.

Oh, and did I mention that all of the spells are JASS and fully MUI? That means you can use them without JNGP! Guess what else! Cold Snap is JESP as well! :O

EDIT: Whoops, I left in a WEU trigger by accident. Removed! :D½!
EDIT 2: Kay, fixed some stuff.
EDIT 3 (16th Nov 08): Blame Hanky. :p

Keywords:
dragon, grey, furred, furry, cold snap, frost, ice, mana, magic, green, energy, AoE, heal, cube, iceberg, aura, mana, regen, regeneration, polarize,
Contents

Hive Workshop Hero Contest #1 - Py (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: For too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 11th Jul 2011 Bribe: SetUnitUserData == instant conflict with other systems that could depend on it. Unless it's a Unit Indexing system it should not be using units' custom values.

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: For too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

11th Jul 2011
Bribe:

SetUnitUserData == instant conflict with other systems that could depend on it. Unless it's a Unit Indexing system it should not be using units' custom values.

Level 15
I Like your Spells , some are quite easy but they work fine. I especially like Cold Snap

Sometimes Polarization is not really recognizeable and i do not see which or even that other units get hit , also your dummy deals damage based on the attributes only , Buffs/Items/Skills will not be included but it would be much work to do so

I think the model imports are not really necessary , Effects/Icons are Ok but a 561 kb Dragon model is not needed imo

You could get rid of the TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ´s

Ill give you a [4/5]

Level 17
Idea/Creativity: 9/10
Coding: 9/10
Balance: 10/10
Ability Tooltip: 10/10
MUI: Yes (+2/10)
(Yes: +2/10, No: -2/10, MPI: +/-0/10)
Language: Jass (+1/10)
(GUI: +/- 0/10, Jass: +1/10, vJass: +2/10)
Total: 41/40
1 Limitbreaker

Medial: 10/10 = 5/5

Viewers Note:
Wow, very nice to see your talent in making spells too next to modelling. These spells are really nice.
Your coding is good, no leaks so far (except of 1 or 2...).
But 1 thing:
JASS:
if ColdSnap_Affect() == true
The ==true is not necessary. Just change it to this:
JASS:
if ColdSnap_Affect()
to increase your code performance.
You also could make the other 3 spells following JESP, thats not much work and makes it even better.:grin:
They are balaneced perfectly, nothing else to say here.
Ability tooltip is the standard wc3 tooltip style what every spell should have at least.
It is MUI and made in Jass -> extra score.
All in all better than good, I am impressed, you seem to be a wc3 multi-talent :grin:

Level 3
Hi Pyritie!! Your spells are cool but... There is something i would like to tell you how you could improve your Cold Snap... It is to make the damage dealt to the enemies when the iceberg/ice reach the ground. Maybe it is an easy task for you ^^... So, Keep up the great spells... ^^ Hope this helped and not irritating you ^^

Hi Pyritie!! Your spells are cool but... There is something i would like to tell you how you could improve your Cold Snap... It is to make the damage dealt to the enemies when the iceberg/ice reach the ground. Maybe it is an easy task for you ^^... So, Keep up the great spells... ^^ Hope this helped and not irritating you ^^

Umm. But it does that at the moment.

Level 1
can someone please tell me how to load the spell or open it, because i've been working to learn modding and I know a lil bit real simple things, but i can't get importing + opening spells down

any help would be appreciated

Level 8
Im sure there are multiple tutorials for that, like this one err couldn't find one. Ill write a quick tutorial and then edit this post.
Edit: wow, the movie didnt save like it was supposed to, sry dude.

Pyritie these spells are so kickass. Mind if I'm going to use them in this aos my clan is making. I hope thats alright with you. Credits? of course.

Last edited:
Level 17
Based partly on my own initiative (and the fact that it won the Hero Contest) I've decided to check this out and review it.

Originality: The spells are very original. I've never seen a furfag furred dragon before (kidding!). 5/5

Coding: Although it's not vJASS, it's neat, follows the JESP standard, and was written quite well. Still, theres definitely room for improval. Here's a quick example:

JASS:
function AuraOfEnergy_Mana takes integer level, real totalmana returns real
    local real toreturn=totalmana
    if level == 1 then
        set toreturn = totalmana / 2.
    elseif level == 2 then
        set toreturn = totalmana / (4./3.)
    endif
    return toreturn
endfunction

That function wasn't written very real for two reasons. First of all, it only supports 3 levels, second, it's much more complicated than it needs to be. It can easilly be optimized into this:

JASS:
function AuraOfEnergy_Mana takes integer level, real totalmana returns real
    return totalmana * ((level * 0.25)+0.25)
endfunction
I'll give the coding a 3/5.

Effect
: Effects were nice overall (and preloaded), but not something I'd gie a 5/5 to. Instead, I'll give a 4/5.

Overall: 4.0

Level 2
I can't play the map somehow..when I press play it just jumps the screen up and then back and nothing else happens :(
Wut is wrong?

Level 2
ARGH WHY WON'T THIS MAP JUST WORK?!Spamming the play button and it won't play..:pcry:

Last edited: