• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slalom Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's a behind the scene project I have been working for a while now.
Before I proceed, I need opinions from everyone wether it's worthy enough to continue or should I stick to Under the Burning Sky Remake and abandoned it.

Map is attached below, tell me your honest opinion.

Attachments

• Slalom War.w3x
    261.1 KB · Views: 139

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

okay, played our map for the first few minutes and I am not sure whether I like it or not.

Positive Aspects

- I love the AI !
- balanced Hero-Creep relation
- you can buy creeps for yourself, not for sending player !!!
- interesting hero abilities ( played as .. the Bandit Boss Hero)

Negative Aspects

- Heroes look boring, although they have interesting abilities, it makes me bored to have the choice between default heroes
- no healing opportunity, is there ?
- teal team colour is hardly visible on snow ground, minimap

it is kind too.... simple/boring at the moment, in my opinion, but, BUT, it has a lot potential, so keep going !!!

Compared to the other project, didn't really looked close at it, but I myself like this one more, although you cannot really compare them as the other one is a Defence/Survival ( a genre I really like), so I don't really know what you should keep working at.

Sorry for long reply!
Thanks for the feedback :)

About the cons :
- Heroes are planned to altered, these are early phase heroes, so I left the default ones with one custom hero (the first one).
- There's a fountain and item slot in future versions :) and NE actually "cheats" in healing, since they have the Moon Wells.
- Are they? I think I'll substitute it with DarkGreen :D

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Sorry for long reply!
Thanks for the feedback :)

About the cons :
- Heroes are planned to altered, these are early phase heroes, so I left the default ones with one custom hero (the first one).
- There's a fountain and item slot in future versions :) and NE actually "cheats" in healing, since they have the Moon Wells.
- Are they? I think I'll substitute it with DarkGreen :D

No problem, I am glad if I can help ^^

I am really excited to see an advanced version of this!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I wish you good luck with your both projects, although you probably don't need ;)

Thanks, and I really need lucks, the first project has been in lack of attentions lately :/

Anyway, here's a full list of plans for Slalom Wars :
  • New Custom Heroes (and replace the old ones with them)
  • AOS AI (though they will be VERY cheated to give them boost)
  • Item Shops (more of these means more enjoyable fights)
  • A Healing Spot (might be outside of the base or inside, still considering)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Thanks, and I really need lucks, the first project has been in lack of attentions lately :/

Anyway, here's a full list of plans for Slalom Wars :
  • New Custom Heroes (and replace the old ones with them)
  • AOS AI (though they will be VERY cheated to give them boost)
  • Item Shops (more of these means more enjoyable fights)
  • A Healing Spot (might be outside of the base or inside, still considering)

Sounds really interesting! Maybe be careful with Custom Heroes, I mean, of course, add them!, but do not exaggerate with them. There is a map called 'Desert of Exile', I think and it has some things in common with your map, but it is ... well, I don't know exactly, but I don't like their Heroes.

For Healing Spot, I guess a Fountain on the first slalom should be fine, or sth. like this.

Indeed, Items should be a big point, maybe. Although I belive that your map is more focused on strategy, so you may shouldn't add overpound items, that would surely ruin gameplay.

I really have to say, Hive is disappointing me in some ways... Yes, it is a community, but you get barely attention or help, suggestions.
Wrote a Site Discussion thread earlier because I wanted to suggest some things ( Second BB Code Line for Thread/Post Posting) and I got no answer, not even from Ralle.
Same with Heinvers, I would be really happy if he says something to my re-design about his peacefully Village, but nope, nothing.
AAAAnd, not to speak about requests. I mean, I think if you request a model/sklin/whatever you barely get an answer/helper. I am really glad I got someone who made the mana-giver spell, but anyway.

I sometimes think 'oh they ignore you because you are a little, trivial user'. I would have so many advices for this site, like sections and such, but nope, they do not listen/care...

But anyway, I wander from the subject...

So you are not working not his currently, did I got that right ? It is a shame this was here for weeks (?) and you didn't get a single answer/feedback...

I will surely play more to give some advanced feedback!

Well, it's partially revolved around heroes. But still, strategy essence should be existent to make things interesting :)
Don't worry, I'll try to keep the heroes stick to as simple as possible.

I have been used to it, it happens sometimes if attention attracting isn't sufficient.

Yeah, I haven't work with it a lot, though minor update has been made when I was lazy, but I haven't them insert to the thread yet. And it's before New Year's Eve.

Thanks, I'm waiting for advance feedbacks, especially balance of heroes (which I think is broken for some of them) and the base AI :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hero Review: Warden

- Played time: full game until Victory, lvl. 10

Skills Review

- Class Passive: 'Hunter':

• Does not work
    100 stun chance + 1 sec stun too powerful
- Revenge:

• invincible ghosts of revenge too powerful in mass
    avatar last too long, near to cd
- Shadowstrike:

• too strong, takes away around 50% health on a level 10 hero
- Fan of Knives:

• cd too low ( like 5 secs ?) and therefore too strong against non-hero units
General Suggestions

- Agility ( primary Attribute) is lower than Strength ? May think about that

General Gameplay

- ghouls carry wood
- creep groups attack units and therefore there are missing groups at AI battle
- in Full House too many Heroes
- gold problem if early death
- minor AI problems: start walking their pathing while under attack
- second row of towers out of range of AI groups
- first row towers too near to fountain, in my opinion
- AI pinging strange locations, like enemy gold mine
- OP huntress sight with ability
- Undead builds second main building at second gold mine
- Dryad poison slow OP
- hippo nearly useless, probably
hope I can help you with this :) Ask if you do not understand something

Thanks for the review :)

Alright, I'll reply :)

- Class Passive: 'Hunter':
Does not work
100 stun chance + 1 sec stun too powerful
- Revenge:
invincible ghosts of revenge too powerful in mass
avatar last too long, near to cd
- Shadowstrike:
too strong, takes away around 50% health on a level 10 hero
- Fan of Knives:
cd too low ( like 5 secs ?) and therefore too strong against non-hero units
- The passive has been toned down on night, though I think it works on day, maybe I'll increase it's proc chance
- That was the default Vengeance xD I'll lower it's stat, maybe the summoned thingy first
- same as Vengeance, well, it was for nuking heroes, though I suppose it doesn't hurt lowering the effect :)
- same as above as well, I suppose Warden lacks proper mana in Melee games? I'll increase it's cd or lower it's damage

I'm amazed Blink isn't a trouble xD

General Suggestions

- Agility ( primary Attribute) is lower than Strength ? May think about that
Really? o_O I'll rise her Agility and lower her Strength

General Gameplay

- ghouls carry wood
- creep groups attack units and therefore there are missing groups at AI battle
- in Full House too many Heroes
- gold problem if early death
- minor AI problems: start walking their pathing while under attack
- second row of towers out of range of AI groups
- first row towers too near to fountain, in my opinion
- AI pinging strange locations, like enemy gold mine
- OP huntress sight with ability
- Undead builds second main building at second gold mine
- Dryad poison slow OP
- hippo nearly useless, probably
- About AI : they're the same as the default AI for Melee Games, perhaps I'll apply these before updating :
1. Remove all Gold Mines (and enforce the first one by adding gazillions of golds into it) and other neutral buildings
2. Remove all Neutral Hostile creeps
- I'll make change for tower replacement
- I'll take a look into the sight range
- I'll lower Slow Poison powers, or might even scrap it
- I'm sticking to the default Melee units, so I can't scrap them :/

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh totally forgot about Blink ^^'

Yeah, but I don't have to say sth about it I guess ;)

I have to write fast, have some business, will EDIT and go into detail in a few hours :) I vm you then :)

EDIT: okay, now I have some time :)

The passive has been toned down on night, though I think it works on day, maybe I'll increase it's proc chance

Yes, I know it does only work at night, but it doesn't either. And it has a 100% chance, hasn't it ?

I'm amazed Blink isn't a trouble xD
Yeah, it is pretty OP and TOO good. Maybe... change mana cost for final or cool down, maybe.

- That was the default Vengeance xD I'll lower it's stat, maybe the summoned thingy first
- same as Vengeance, well, it was for nuking heroes, though I suppose it doesn't hurt lowering the effect :)
- same as above as well, I suppose Warden lacks proper mana in Melee games? I'll increase it's cd or lower it's damage
- I'll make change for tower replacement
- I'll take a look into the sight range
- I'll lower Slow Poison powers, or might even scrap it

Yes, I think you should re-work them and change a lot, to make it a bit more challenging/balanced ;)

Really? o_O I'll rise her Agility and lower her Strength

uhm, just say, she is an agi-hero and that is rather strange to have more agi, it does not feel right, ya know ^^

- About AI : they're the same as the default AI for Melee Games, perhaps I'll apply these before updating :
1. Remove all Gold Mines (and enforce the first one by adding gazillions of golds into it) and other neutral buildings
2. Remove all Neutral Hostile creeps

Hm, okay, I myself am not sure about this point. Having most of the time a clear opinion, here I really have no idea :/ it is up to you to change/not change AI, at least you are the creator ;)

- I'm sticking to the default Melee units, so I can't scrap them :/

Uh, why ? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
New Version

Made a new version based on your review, changelog to follow :
Increase Hunter Day (Warden) proc from 10% to 25% but lowered damage from 20 to 15
Lowered Hunter Night (Warden) proc from 100% to 70% and damage from 50 to 35
Lowered Master Vampire Day (Dreadlord) attack speed reduction from 10% to 5%
Increase Undead General (Death Knight) AOE from 875 to 950
Lowered Frostmoure (Death Knight) proc from 100% to 80%
Increase Chilling Aura (Lich) AOE from 900 to 950
Increase Holy Dodge (Paladin) proc from 25% to 30% and fix it's tooltip
Lowered Web (Crypt Lord) cooldown from 5 to 3 seconds
Increase Voodoo Shell (Shadow Hunter) duration from 100 to 110 seconds
Altered Holy Light (Paladin) healing (damage) from 200/400/600 (100/200/300) to 225/450/675 (112/225/337) on day and 100/180/324 (50/90/152) on night, and has twice cooldown on night
Lowered experience gain from 100% to 25%
Warden Agility gain increased from 1.60 to 2.40 per level
Huntress and Abomination (Creep Spawns) now has 500/500 vision, reduced from 1400/800
Base AI now uses default heroes instead of modified ones
Berserk (Blademaster and Demon Hunter) damage taken increment reduced from 60% to 30%
Mercenary Spells now uses ZXCV instead of QWER
Reposition some buildings
Remove all Neutral Hostile from the map, along with Gold Mines and Neutral Buildings
Added Item Shops and 2 Fountains for both sides
Renamed All Shops except Alchemist
Introduces new reward method in killing heroes, base AI heroes no longer counts and now heroes have a new mechanic of gold received upon killing heroes
Reworked Divine Shield (Paladin), no longer provide real invulnerability but instead still attackable but takes no damage and use hotkey W instead of D, reduced cooldown from 35/50/65 to 30/45/60 seconds
Warden now use Maiev model and icon
Fixed Deny System
Change colors of players, now all player heroes are undistinguisable to allow sneaky pass, All Players except AIs and Neutral uses Black Colors
Remove trees on upper and below of the middle path, giving more versilatility
Avatar of Vengeance (Warden) now summon weaker spirit (425 health instead of 500 health), has longer cooldown to summon spirit (increased from 2 to 5 seconds) and less duration for the summoned spirits (45 seconds from 50 seconds)

Attachments

• Slalom Wars.w3x
    258.5 KB · Views: 141

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hero Review: Archmage

Playing Time: ~10 minutes, lvl. 3

Skills

• Arcane Aura: Seems to work, although I don't like the name. Yes, it matches the archmage, but, I don't know, Unholy Aura effect and Dalaran Aura, it seems not to match to me.
    Also, does it stack with Unholy Aura ( Item) ? May add tooltip for information

• Cold Nova: Interesting ability that allows NOT to level Blizzard for Aoe Damage. Nevertheless, it seems too big for me, in range I mean, like 400-500 range ( units are hit in this range) ? Seems too wide for me. Nova-Damage seems to weak, it is only 1/10 of the original damage

• Blizzard: -not used-

• Brilliance Aura: -no comment-

• Mass Teleport: Will be useful for your own units

About Hero

Good support hero that summons water elementals and has good opportunities for aoe damage and troop teleport.
Nevertheless he is no standalone and has big survival problems, therefore players should make sure to have a tanky unit in their team. But, I think Archmages priority may be too high, as his summons are ignored and he is directly attacked.

General Aspects

- Towers are way too weak, in dmg and hp meaning, I can solo them with summons and 1, 2 Huntress

- That experience nerf, damn :D

- gameplay seems harder, larger AI Base Group

- Crown of Kings ( 1000 gold ) is twice as expensive as the item that gives +4 to all stats ( Cap of Agility, dunno the English name) and gives only one stat more

- Hero respawn is too long, around 10-20 seconds too long, in my opinion

- maybe increase Doodad size, those mushrooms are pretty small :)
Thank you for crediting me :) May add 'Beta-tester' or 'Tester', or do I am too greedy ? ;)

Amazing review :)

Playing Time: ~10 minutes, lvl. 3
Yikes, Archmage sucks D:

Arcane Aura: Seems to work, although I don't like the name. Yes, it matches the archmage, but, I don't know, Unholy Aura effect and Dalaran Aura, it seems not to match to me.
Also, does it stack with Unholy Aura ( Item) ? May add tooltip for information
Cold Nova: Interesting ability that allows NOT to level Blizzard for Aoe Damage. Nevertheless, it seems too big for me, in range I mean, like 400-500 range ( units are hit in this range) ? Seems too wide for me. Nova-Damage seems to weak, it is only 1/10 of the original damage
Blizzard: -not used-
Brilliance Aura: -no comment-
Mass Teleport: Will be useful for your own units
Arcane Aura : it stacks, i'll add it to tooltip. I'm thinking of a replacement, care to recommend any?
Cold Nova : I intend to make it a "mass slow" spell to make Blizzard a pain in the butt for enemies

Good support hero that summons water elementals and has good opportunities for aoe damage and troop teleport.
Nevertheless he is no standalone and has big survival problems, therefore players should make sure to have a tanky unit in their team. But, I think Archmages priority may be too high, as his summons are ignored and he is directly attacked.
Yeah, the same, old boring Archmage stuff D:
Being a team map, I intend to keep it that way (the no standalone part) so multiplaying does have some value :)

- Towers are way too weak, in dmg and hp meaning, I can solo them with summons and 1, 2 Huntress

- That experience nerf, damn :D

- gameplay seems harder, larger AI Base Group

- Crown of Kings ( 1000 gold ) is twice as expensive as the item that gives +4 to all stats ( Cap of Agility, dunno the English name) and gives only one stat more

- Hero respawn is too long, around 10-20 seconds too long, in my opinion

- maybe increase Doodad size, those mushrooms are pretty small :)
- Careful, or I might add annoying big ones :D

- Yeah, AI seems to improve in base building, sort of

- Items are temporary, I want to make them completely custom :)

- I'll do that ;)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Amazing review :)
Thank you, I do my best :)

Yikes, Archmage sucks D:
Only in single player ;)

Arcane Aura : it stacks, i'll add it to tooltip. I'm thinking of a replacement, care to recommend any?
Hm, Hm, maybe something with thunder ? Like an anti-melee aura that only applies to archmage or to all friendly/allied units
But dunno, maybe something else comes to our minds :)

Cold Nova : I intend to make it a "mass slow" spell to make Blizzard a pain in the butt for enemies

Oh hell, I can imagine that :D

Yeah, the same, old boring Archmage stuff D:
Being a team map, I intend to keep it that way (the no standalone part) so multiplaying does have some value :)

Yes, that is what you should intent to ^^ boring if not

- Careful, or I might add annoying big ones :D
hey I hope so ;)

- Yeah, AI seems to improve in base building, sort of
Hm, and also with attacking, they only react if an enemy group is enar, not sure whether it is good or not

- Items are temporary, I want to make them completely custom :)
Never mind then :)

Hm, and also with attacking, they only react if an enemy group is enar, not sure whether it is good or not
It's bad IMO, better figure a way to make them better.

Hm, Hm, maybe something with thunder ? Like an anti-melee aura that only applies to archmage or to all friendly/allied units
But dunno, maybe something else comes to our minds :)
Ice guy stick with ice xD
I have something in mind, we'll see if it's better :D

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Anyway, when I get a new AI or a good version rolling, I plan to make an actual Map Development Thread :)

Can't wait for it :)

I think you are ready to, but ... hm... maybe do not be... disappointed, I guess many will say 'it is too simple' or such rude things.

Anyway, head up and post !!!

Can't wait for it :)

I think you are ready to, but ... hm... maybe do not be... disappointed, I guess many will say 'it is too simple' or such rude things.

Anyway, head up and post !!!
I can wait a little :)
It's just that I feel the AI is very clumsy atm, which is really discouraging :(
Opening my AI Editor with hopes it works, else I'm gonna use my bro's Laptop

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Short Hero Review: Demon Hunter

Playing time: ~5min, lvl. 2

Skills

• Mana Burn: Good Anti-hero spell, useful for multiplayer, but may slightly increase burned amount

• Evasion: -no comment-

• Immolation: Not sure about this one, looking on dmg. It is useful against groups if fully lvled, but maybe too weak ?

• Demon Blood: Good idea. He is pretty fast now ^^

• Berserk: Oh please change this one, it is one of the most unused and hated abilities, I myself don't think it is a useful ability, but who knows, maybe for escaping.

• Ulti: -no comment-
General

A good Hero for fast and striking gameplay, although lacking high damage abilities, therefore he is something between tank and support.

Mana Burn: Good Anti-hero spell, useful for multiplayer, but may slightly increase burned amount
Evasion: -no comment-
Immolation: Not sure about this one, looking on dmg. It is useful against groups if fully lvled, but maybe too weak ?
Demon Blood: Good idea. He is pretty fast now ^^
Berserk: Oh please change this one, it is one of the most unused and hated abilities, I myself don't think it is a useful ability, but who knows, maybe for escaping.
Ulti: -no comment-
Mana Burn : I think a mass mana burn will suit instead :) with same value (or a little lowered) of course
Evasion : this skill might be improved or discarded
Immolation : might improve it, but I'm considering to discard it for better spells if there's any in my mind
Demon Blood : thanks ^^
Berserk : I was intending to make sort of transform skill, but his Ultimate has do the job. I'm thinking for replacement now :)
Ultimate : Kay :)

A good Hero for fast and striking gameplay, although lacking high damage abilities, therefore he is something between tank and support.
Well, he's already a tank by natures but support.., never thought of it :D

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Well, he's already a tank by natures but support.., never thought of it :D

Of course he is support as well !

Burning mana - > support
Little Immolation against groups -> support
Ranged Ulti -> ~support

Well, for me he is a support hero as well :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I see :)
I mainly aim to have some heroes has their ZXCV command ready for use and make new spells for them by the next update :)

uhm, isn't it QWER ?, just ask

So that version at first post is again a new one ?

QW is for the innate, and I don't want to use ERTY as the hero spells Hotkey ^^
ZXCV is also used by http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/requiem-gods-1-71-a-79976/?prev=mmr=6 Which is really like to play. Well, if I recall correct it's ZXCV.

Also, I think it's easier to use in French computers as well (due to the nature of it's keyboard).

I can go with QWER and use ZX for the innate instead though ^^

The new version isn't done yet, there's much to fix, and it's A LOT D:
So it will take time, I'm very sorry :(

Alright, AI is more or less done, hopefully bugless by now, but they're not main priority anyway. It's for learning in Single Player and add some Singleplayer replayability, and yes, AI cheats a lot here. Ranging from Experience Gains to Items.

Many Heroes have their Hotkeys being changed into ZXCV, but I haven't really completed them, only Mercenary (the Bandit guy) has full ZXCV in place.

I also introduce some interesting abilities for players to enjoy, from simple new Shurikens (Shadow Hunter) into painful line blow Elune's Arrow (PotM). More is in progress :)

I would really love to hear abilities suggestion to substitute the current abilities for heroes, which is reflected in the last available version (0.1), which can be downloaded here.

Some notes, the following abilities in the last version no longer exist and replaced with a new one :
Priestess of the Moon : Scout -> Elune's Arrow
Demon Hunter : Berserk -> Demon's Fury
Blademaster : Berserk -> Rage
Shadow Hunter : Voodoo Cloud -> Shuriken

Last edited:
This changelog... Similar to the 0.1, a little long, but still short.
LOTS OF BUGS are expected in this update, especially with hotkeys and AI

Blink (Warden) cooldown increased from 5 to 10 seconds and mana cost increased from 50/25/0 to 50/37/28 and hotkey changed from B to X
Paid Mercenary (Mercenary) proc chance reduced from 75% to 60%
Arcane Aura (Many Heroes) regen bonus reduced from 100% to 75%
Holy Light Night (Paladin) heal (damage) increased from 100/180/324 (50/90/162) to 100/200/400 (50/100/200)
Fountain of Life now has Mana Regeneration
Changed Night Elves Spawn color from Dark Green to Gray
Slow Poison (Dyard) duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
Reduces overall revive gold cost and time to revive (due to Warcraft's mechanic, it's difficult to explain)
New towers with high resistance for early game control, avoiding quick wipe
Increase EXP rate from 25% to 50%
Arcane Aura replaced by Water Wave (Archmage)
Archmage attack SFX changed
Delete Deny System
Fixed Killing System glitch
Scout (PotM) replaced with Elune's Arrow
Voodoo Cloud (Shadow Hunter) replaced with Shuriken
Voodoo Shell (Shadow Hunter) hotkey changed from T to W
Spawning altered
Changed Warden Soundset to Maiev
Changed Shop Soundsets
Serpent Ward (Shadow Hunter) now summons 2/2/3 wards from 1/1/1 wards, changed hotkey to C, and cooldown increased from 6.5/6.5/6.5 to 10/11/12 seconds
Reduces Berserk (Demon Hunter and Blademaster) damage taken increment from 30% to 5%
Holy Light (Paladin) tooltip changed and now uses Z hotkey
Hunter (Warden) uses a new icon
Fixed many tooltip errors
Some aethistical changes
Berserk (Blademaster) renamed into Rage and now cost 75 mana but has no damage increment
Berserk (Demon Hunter) renamed into Demon's Fury and retains it's latest statistic
More new names for Mercenary
AI Added
PotM Soundset changed into Tyrande
Totem of Might (Tauren Chieftain) now plays stand animation when summoned
Devotion Aura (Paladin) replaced with Holy Aura, which has same effect except now it increases Paladin's mana pool.
Brilliance Aura (Archmage) improved from 0.75/1.5/2.25 to 0.85/1.80/2.75 mana increase and hotkey changed from R to C
Blizzard (Archmage) damage and mana cost increased, hotkey changed from B to Z
Water Elemental and Mass Teleport (Archmage) hotkey changed into X and V respecitvely
Mass Teleport (Archmage) casting delay decreased and amount of teleported troops increased

DOWNLOAD VERSION 0.2

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ähhh, I don't want to look retarded, but don't I have to be logged in to that site to get access to the download option ?

Or is the new version also attached to the first post of this thread ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Well, after a look, I think you have to, sorry :(

The map isn't attached here yet, I'll attach it when I can, maybe tonight or tomorrow morning (it's already 10 PM here by this post).
You can wait until then or register there, my apologies :(

Oh, no problem :) I will wait until tomorrow then.

No need to apologize, helping others is not an effort, but a pleasure to me !

Version 0.2

Here's the Version 0.2, and I will repeat the changelog again, just in case.
Blink (Warden) cooldown increased from 5 to 10 seconds and mana cost increased from 50/25/0 to 50/37/28 and hotkey changed from B to X
Paid Mercenary (Mercenary) proc chance reduced from 75% to 60%
Arcane Aura (Many Heroes) regen bonus reduced from 100% to 75%
Holy Light Night (Paladin) heal (damage) increased from 100/180/324 (50/90/162) to 100/200/400 (50/100/200)
Fountain of Life now has Mana Regeneration
Changed Night Elves Spawn color from Dark Green to Gray
Slow Poison (Dyard) duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
Reduces overall revive gold cost and time to revive (due to Warcraft's mechanic, it's difficult to explain)
New towers with high resistance for early game control, avoiding quick wipe
Increase EXP rate from 25% to 50%
Arcane Aura replaced by Water Wave (Archmage)
Archmage attack SFX changed
Delete Deny System
Fixed Killing System glitch
Scout (PotM) replaced with Elune's Arrow
Voodoo Cloud (Shadow Hunter) replaced with Shuriken
Voodoo Shell (Shadow Hunter) hotkey changed from T to W
Spawning altered
Changed Warden Soundset to Maiev
Changed Shop Soundsets
Serpent Ward (Shadow Hunter) now summons 2/2/3 wards from 1/1/1 wards, changed hotkey to C, and cooldown increased from 6.5/6.5/6.5 to 10/11/12 seconds
Reduces Berserk (Demon Hunter and Blademaster) damage taken increment from 30% to 5%
Holy Light (Paladin) tooltip changed and now uses Z hotkey
Hunter (Warden) uses a new icon
Fixed many tooltip errors
Some aethistical changes
Berserk (Blademaster) renamed into Rage and now cost 75 mana but has no damage increment
Berserk (Demon Hunter) renamed into Demon's Fury and retains it's latest statistic
More new names for Mercenary
AI Added
PotM Soundset changed into Tyrande
Totem of Might (Tauren Chieftain) now plays stand animation when summoned
Devotion Aura (Paladin) replaced with Holy Aura, which has same effect except now it increases Paladin's mana pool.
Brilliance Aura (Archmage) improved from 0.75/1.5/2.25 to 0.85/1.80/2.75 mana increase and hotkey changed from R to C
Blizzard (Archmage) damage and mana cost increased, hotkey changed from B to Z
Water Elemental and Mass Teleport (Archmage) hotkey changed into X and V respecitvely
Mass Teleport (Archmage) casting delay decreased and amount of teleported troops increased

Also, a good name change seems necessary to make the map more convincing in name, any suggestions?

Attachments

• Slalom Wars 0.2.w3x
    386 KB · Views: 166

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Paladin

• Holy Light: maybe too high casting range ? it is around 700-900.
  • Holy Light: Good idea with day and night influence ! Add more specifications to many abilities and the gameplay will improve a lot
  • Holy Dodge: Hm, not sure, 30%, I would rather suggest 25%, but I am not sure
  • Exorcism: Too weak or for the wrong Hero as Paladin has only one main casting ability ( Holy Light) and it is really mana-hungry + Divine Protection is rather a one time cast
  • Divine Protection: Nice, he can still be attacked ! Great idea !
  • Arcane Aura & Armor Aura: not sure about this 'multi-aura' ( +auras of items) of heroes, I would suggest to limit auras to one in general for heroes.
General

• Tower damage slightly too weak
  • Increased summons, nice ! Maybe add more summons to waves ( kind of summons) with passed time
  • Green Undead towers give no bounty ? Not sure about this
  • Glaive Throwers upgrade apply although it isn't researched ? Or has Thrower splash damage either ?
Great job !! :)

Holy Light: maybe too high casting range ? it is around 700-900.
Holy Light: Good idea with day and night influence ! Add more specifications to many abilities and the gameplay will improve a lot
Holy Dodge: Hm, not sure, 30%, I would rather suggest 25%, but I am not sure
Exorcism: Too weak or for the wrong Hero as Paladin has only one main casting ability ( Holy Light) and it is really mana-hungry + Divine Protection is rather a one time cast
Divine Protection: Nice, he can still be attacked ! Great idea !
Arcane Aura & Armor Aura: not sure about this 'multi-aura' ( +auras of items) of heroes, I would suggest to limit auras to one in general for heroes.
Holy Light : I think it's kinda suit, though maybe I'll lower it by 100 or 200 in the next update
Holy Dodge : I'll split it into day and night in the next update
Exorcism : I'm thinking of making him more offensive in play style
Divine Protection : thanks, I kinda hate the Divine Shield used by Blizzard, it screws AI a lot
Auras : I'll remove Arcane Aura from Paladin and replace it with something active and useful for him, this also involves in making Exorcism more useful

Tower damage slightly too weak
Increased summons, nice ! Maybe add more summons to waves ( kind of summons) with passed time
Green Undead towers give no bounty ? Not sure about this
Glaive Throwers upgrade apply although it isn't researched ? Or has Thrower splash damage either ?
It's not enough? :D I'll increase it :)
I'll consider it :)
Yes, it's intentional, since it's a default Spirit/Frost Tower and not the altered ones
Really? I'll take a look into it later, if it's a bug/issue, I'll fix it in a quick patch

Really appreciate your reviews my friend :) thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.