• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Death & Decay - A WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to start off by saying it has been years since I made my last Warcraft 3 map. Creating cinematics for my friends used to be something I enjoyed a lot, and so I decided to start doing it again.

Releasing one of my cinematics on the Hive is something I always wanted to do. I'm a bit of a lazy bastard, so progress on this one has been slow. However, I decided to cut out the bad parts and post it here to get some opinions. You know, before I decide to make this a prioritized project.

UPDATE: Fixes has been done and the cinematic itself has been continued. Updated link below.

UPDATE 2: Changes has been done to models and a few scenes have been tweaked & added.

Attachments

• Death and Decay.rar
    21.6 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Level 7
Hey elgitar,
in the first second of the cinematic I felt curious.
2 days remaining for what? This little made me watch this till the end.

The terraining is on a very good way, with some free time you could add a little bit more details for everything. But it still looks great! :)

One thing, which is boring in almost any cinematic, are the units. Why do they always talk for years but never, really never move just a single muscle?
Let them play animations when they just stand and talk, or maybe let the wizard move in a circle, because he is thinking about something serious..
Don't add too much, but a little bit more movement makes it more fun to watch (at least in my opinion).

The only thing I do not like was the blink ability from the wizard.
Why? Just because he died while casting the spell.
I would prefer if the wizard is finishing the spell dies 1 or 2 seconds after the cast (bleeding effects).
He could scream for help and then he will get help.

However I would like to see the complete cinematic. :)
And I hope I could see the full cinematic as soon as you're finished with it! :)

Level 3
Updated once again with a few added tweaks, scenes and models. This is probably the last update before I start the full work on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.