• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Cinematic] It came from the ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
It came from the ocean

This is a short cinematic that I've been working on for a couple of days. The cinematic is about 3 minutes long.The story is very simple, it's about a giant monster attacking and destroying a fictional city. Comments/Critics would be really nice because I need to improve my "cinematic-making" skills.

Sorry for the .rar attachement the map is bigger than 5mb.

All credits are at the end.
*There's a small bonus scene after the credits

Update: I made a small update to the map:
-Small modification to one of the fog
-Added doodads in some scenes
-Added a new song

Attachments

• Monster Attack cinematic.rar
    5.5 MB · Views: 72
  • ICFBO preview.jpg
    ICFBO preview.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Monster Attack cinematic v.2.rar
    5.5 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Level 3
I kinda liked it, but i've not much experience so you might not want to take my words to seriously.

At the part where its the view from the alley, the beast walking past on the street, I think it'd be better if it was just a shadow and the sounds of it walking(if possible). Also, theres a long silent part when it goes to the reporter. Kinda dull and weird, since theres music/sounds everywhere else except that part wher eyou have to read it all. Also, at the very end theres a kinda sorta long credits part...i'd imagine some players alt+f4ing from waiting to actually play the game.

Other than that, I think it looks good. And the map looks awesome too, I can't wait to play it :)

Level 6
Thanks for the comment. Yeah about the whole silent part thing, I tried to get some crowd, sirens sounds but so far I had no luck.
And the map looks awesome too, I can't wait to play it :)

Actually this is only a cinematic, but before I started working on this I did have the idea of making a map where players would take control of giant monsters and wreak havoc in a city, kind of like Rampage.

Level 3
Thanks for the comment. Yeah about the whole silent part thing, I tried to get some crowd, sirens sounds but so far I had no luck.

Actually this is only a cinematic, but before I started working on this I did have the idea of making a map where players would take control of giant monsters and wreak havoc in a city, kind of like Rampage.

Ohhhh i thought that was just a nice cinematic for a story for your game, which I think can be a cool thing for any map.

Well, it intrigued me :p

Sorry that I forgot to reply. :p

Anywho, the terrain is pretty good, and the cameras look really cool and some parts.

The terrain is good, but a little flat. It looks really interesting but maybe add some more doodads to fill the void.

And maybe something other than a hydra for a monster? :p It looks really odd enlarged.

Some atmosphere etc. could be added and maybe some more music like one of those movie trailers. xD

But it looks pretty good for a trailer, good job.

Level 6
Thanks for the answer man, but I'm not sure what you mean by atmosphere. Do you mean adding weather effects, background sounds (people talking, yelling,...)?
And maybe something other than a hydra for a monster? :p It looks really odd enlarged.
Well I needed an amphibious monster so that didn't leave me that much choice and I thought the hydra was the most threatening one :).

Level 6
Thanks man :), but what do you mean by changing the tileset?

Off Topic: To whoever might be interested, I started a new cinematic about 5 days ago. It's an horror cinematic and it's about 50-60% complete so stay tuned if you are interested.

Level 24
It was fairly short, seemed more like a trailer to me than an actual cinematic actually. I liked the custom models and it all seemed to look rather nice to me, it's a little too flat for my taste tho, don't know really. But good work and keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.