• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] [Cinematic] The Sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody of the hive!

Today, i started a small cinematic about a sheep. Its far from finished.
I would like you guys to take a look at it and then give me some feedback.
The cinematic is about a sheep that lives like every sheep. But this sheep is different. It is getting irretated of the humans and is trying to escape the humans and save all the sheeps out there. I hope you will like it, thought the terrain really sucks at this moment. Im going to work on it later.

I've made a new version! It is including a longer video, new funny scenes and some bugs and grammars has been fixed. Enjoy it!

Direct download link: View attachment The Sheep.w3x

Do not distribute this to any other sites.
Do not edit this cinematic.
Enjoy, and merry christmas!

Last edited:
Just checked on it. It was a bit fun.

Things you should change:
  • Hide interface instantly = set it to 0.00 seconds, not 2.5.
  • Change the fog's Z Start to 0 and Z End to somewhere 3.000-2.000. Also, change the color, make it like 250/250/150 (or 120 the Blue Value).
  • Set Sky to either Lordaeron Summer Sky or Lordaeron Winter Sky (Pink) [if you choose the second, try this color in the fog: 255/185/246 (it has a great result)]
  • Some sounds.
That "cut!" pop-out was kinda fun, I admit. Keep it up, it has a funny cartoonish story.

Level 8
It's funny to watch but there are some minor mistakes.

I think the plural of sheep is sheep and not sheeps (not 100% sure) and like Googlieeyes said "Give me your money or i kill you" should be "Give me your money or I'll kill you".

Oh and there's one annoying thing. Sheep: "Blablabla you saved us blabla" Sheep: "I must save other sheep blablabla" (couldn't remember what they said). Change the main sheep's name to The Sheep or something so it's different.

EDIT: MERRY CHRISTMAS

It's funny to watch but there are some minor mistakes.

I think the plural of sheep is sheep and not sheeps (not 100% sure) and like Googlieeyes said "Give me your money or i kill you" should be "Give me your money or I'll kill you".

Oh and there's one annoying thing. Sheep: "Blablabla you saved us blabla" Sheep: "I must save other sheep blablabla" (couldn't remember what they said). Change the main sheep's name to The Sheep or something so it's different.

EDIT: MERRY CHRISTMAS

The things that allready is mentoded is fixed in the version im about to release.
About the sheep(s); im going to make a research.
About the names; yea i know they all have the same name :D Thats exactly was it was meant to be :p

Level 2
It was actually pretty funny :p I liked then the sheep drowned, and the Director then wanted to re-do the scene xD
Good job so far =)

Thank you for all the feedback. Im back again with an update. I hope you will like it.
The cinematic is far from finished, and the length will be increased too. I've made a quick end in the cinematic, like in the other version. But its not the real end. Im aiming for making me cinematic between 8-10 minutes. I have to go now, and will be away for 4-5 days. Im back to the newyear. But feel free comment. Will answer when im back again. Now, just enjoy! - and sorry, but didnt have time to add sounds yet :3

Level 7
Nice Cinamatic, Here's a few things to add/change

Hey,

I can see an awesome cinematic in the making here :p

But there are a few things you could add to already fix some problems.

You need:

custom voices for each person, when they talk they use voice
custom models, not warcraft 3 models
make the sheep attack not just a one hit kill (make more of a storyline for attacking, like the grunt gets angry the human fights back etc. cuz a sheep would not just walk up and one hit kill them and get away with it)
Fix the part where the sheep crosses the river, it seems like out of knowhere he can fly
Maybe add custom suspense sound aswell

Other than that I like it, but if i had to rate it i would give it a 1.5/10 because there are alot of problems with it atm.

Good luck in the future I can't wait for the finished project,
Lag_reviews :p

PS: Goodluck :grin:

Thanks alot for your review. Its far from the final version so rating it is kinda pointless thought :p I will try to answer the differents things you have mentoded.

Custom voices will take very long time, so its only a maybe.
Custom models will not be used if it isnt really nessecary. Only the sheep will be custom model.
Sheeps are really strong in my storyline. Remember thats its angry :p You dont have any sence of humor? :D
Yeap it is flying, because of the magical lights around him.
Will add sounds when the other things is done.

Many times thanks for the review. I will do what i can to improve it and i hope you will enjoy the final result aswell.

Level 7
Thanks alot for your review. Its far from the final version so rating it is kinda pointless thought :p I will try to answer the differents things you have mentoded.

Custom voices will take very long time, so its only a maybe.
Custom models will not be used if it isnt really nessecary. Only the sheep will be custom model.
Sheeps are really strong in my storyline. Remember thats its angry :p You dont have any sence of humor? :D
Yeap it is flying, because of the magical lights around him.
Will add sounds when the other things is done.

Many times thanks for the review. I will do what i can to improve it and i hope you will enjoy the final result aswell.

Thanks for liking my review :p and answering the different things I mentioned.

Although you say custom voices are a maybe, in my opinion if you do not have custom voices then the cinematic will not get as good a rating probably a 2/5 max.

Aswell sometimes if you have custom models on all the units it can make your cinematic stand out from the rest and look unique. Not saying you need them but it would most likely help you for the good rather than the worse.

I have a sence of humor but seeing a sheep just run round and one hit kill everything isn't very exciting to watch, Fight scenes can make it look better if done well and have more of a suspense added to the cinematic. Knowing the sheep could die would make it very suspenseful in my eyes.

I see your sheep is flying because of the magical lights around him, but maybe you could add for example (The director say "whats those lights" and the camera man say "There magic lights that can make the sheep fly" and then the director say "A flying sheep I'll never") or something just incase people don't notice the lights.

Good to see you will add sounds that will make it excellent listening material aswell as watching.

Finally good to see you took in what I said and are considering most of it, I appreciate that,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Good luck and can't wait to see the finished product

Status
Not open for further replies.