• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] The Beast Within (Horror Cinematic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The Beast Within

Here's another cinematic I created. I started it in May but it was delayed due to a lack of time. This one is about 5 minutes long (including credits). It's a small horror cinematic about a man and his unfortunate trip in the woods. Comments/Critics would be really nice.

All credits should be at the end although I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot someone.

Attachments

• Horror Cinematic.rar
    9.4 MB · Views: 177
  • BW preview.jpg
    BW preview.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 335
Level 4
its very good ! it was just perfect with the hole in the wall.. but at the end where u watched the beast comming closer and closer, it ruined it a little bit.. dunno why but it was cool where he run and watched back and you could see the beast in 0.50 sec or something. 5/5

Level 14
well, many criticism... at the beggining it isn't scary at all. It's just too simple. It goes that way until he enters his room (btw, he asked for a room, she gave him a key and that's all? it's weird). After that, the woman gets killed, it's nice, but you must put the wolverine siluet or shadow, or even only a scary roar. The viewer must know bit more than the victim, but in your cinematic it's not that way - he sees the wolverine and runs, but we don't see it. It's tricky to put "inside monster" sight, you must use it in the end. Or make the viewer see the monster, and make the chasing longer, showing both the wolverine and the victim.

However, it's good. I enjoyed it and the terraining was nice (not perfect, but nice enough). good job.

Level 6
Thanks for the critic WerBackIII. Just to tell you though, if you watched the cinematic attatched to my post, you watched an earlier version. There's a newer version in the map ressources that has a few things modified. You can check it out if you want to see the small things I changed.

To Em!: No sorry, the title was inspired by the movie The Howling (1981), although I just looked on wikipedia to see what Gabriel Knight was and it does look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.