• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sky and fog things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
1. idk why but if i set the fog to exponentianal, even z start is 1000 still its damn dense, and density rate is 0.50 or 0.10, with linear dont have problem

2. i tryed follow the instruction in advanced skymaking tutorial but failed, idk why i dont have sky , why look like this :p

3. the clouds from ultimate terrain map, i must lift up? (coz i tryed in normal we and WE crashing if i try select the clouds)

i tryed follow this
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-278/advanced-terraining-tutorial-203428/

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 103
Level 14
1. idk why but if i set the fog to exponentianal, even z start is 1000 still its damn dense, and density rate is 0.50 or 0.10, with linear dont have problem

2. i tryed follow the instruction in advanced skymaking tutorial but failed, idk why i dont have sky , why look like this :p

3. the clouds from ultimate terrain map, i must lift up? (coz i tryed in normal we and WE crashing if i try select the clouds)

i tryed follow this
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-278/advanced-terraining-tutorial-203428/

How big are the clouds? your far-z might be way to low to even see them if they are really big.

I had this same problem with my stormsphere, had to raise the entire thing for 5 minutes in order to see the bottom in-game. Even while setting the maximum amount of far-z for the player.

setting the far-z to 1000000000 + raising the stormsphere to a point in which the player can actually see it helped me solve it.
I don't know if this caused your problem but have you also checked if map preferences has the fogged sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.