• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skull Seige

An entry for the modeling comp, some uv issues and stuff but bleh. The attack anim can be used as both spit and ram. I hope you like it and remember to give credits.

Keywords:
monster skull skeleton undead scourge seige dead death
Contents

Skull Seige (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] 10th Mar 2008 Congrats 2nd Place Winner! Nice job! 5/5 --donut3.5--

M

[APPROVED]
10th Mar 2008
Congrats 2nd Place Winner!
Mesh: (13/15)
Very good overall, but too flat and broad in some parts. The skull from the top or front view looked oddly shaped, but has a sick design otherwise.

Animations: (10/10)
All the animations were natural looking, no static animations, very, very well done overall.

Textures: (8/10)
Very creative use of the ingame textures, although some were a bit stretched, and use two sided materials!

Mechanics: (4/5)
Worked perfectly ingame, I have no complaints but one. The portrait camera was slightly off, and it chopped off the head a little.

Effects: (2/5)
I really wish you could have gotten some particles to work, because this model really could have used them at some place or another.

Creativity: (5/5)
Very cool idea, execution of mesh, animation, use of textures, and ideas were all superb.

Total: (42/50)
Nice job!
5/5
--donut3.5--

Level 8
This model shows that the creature is actually bound to the vehicle so that it does not need front wheels to balance it.
Pros:-
Wonderful concept! +rep
Marvellous use of ingame textures.
Nice animations.
Impressive mesh design.

Cons:-
No details at all for the interior of the skull.
The stud of one of the tyres twitches strangely during the walk animation.
Portrait does not look so good. It would be better if it either showed the entire model or focussed on the head.

Extra:-
I do not see any need for particle or ribbon effects. This would be a perfect model if the above cons would be fixed. I am sad that there are few models of this kind. This is a wonderful model! All are recommended to use it in undead maps.

4.5/5

Level 26
0/5 the Skull looks very big.

before you post "crit" like this you should think about:

1.) that it is a lot of work to create a model
2.) that the creators of the models only do them for fun
3.) that you should give some real reasons why this model deserves 0/5

personally I think this model deserves a 4/5 because the concept is great, good use of ingame textures, the animations are good, fits the spirit of wc3 but the only thing that I don´t like that much is the portrait

Level 2
before you post "crit" like this you should think about:

1.) that it is a lot of work to create a model
2.) that the creators of the models only do them for fun
3.) that you should give some real reasons why this model deserves 0/5
i think your too soft

Level 9
0/5 the Skull looks very big.

A few words, learn to give constructive criticism! Also;

YOUR A USELESS TOOL.. PISS OFF..

Got the point?

---

It's a well-thought-out model, I didn't download and look at it because I'm too damn lazy. Though, from the picture, it is a good model that deserves a 4/5 for appearances.

Good job wulf.

Level 8
An excellent model when it comes to its animation. Smooth and original, but it looks kinda starnge to me. This model, does it only have 2 wheels? Could make the front wheel more obvious to make it look more realistic. But good job werewulf, congratulations to you for winning the Second Place.
And Choas Name, please don't cause any more trouble, I hate when the Hiveworskshop goes upside down because of one man.

Level 5
I like it alot. Its very basic, but it still makes a good siege unit for the scourge. Good job Werewulf!:infl_thumbs_up:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

This is totally unique, great job :) (I really hope commenting on dead old resources won't be counted as necro posting lol)