• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Skirmish - The Next Gen RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I proudly Present my current WIP

227673-albums6455-picture70074.jpg

Skirmish
[/TD]

Map Info

Features

Player Levels

Mercenary Camps

Example Hero

Map Information

Name: Skirmish
Uploaded: TBA
Type: Altered Melee
Category: Medieval/Warcraft
Suggested Players: 6 Player FFA
Map Size: 128 x 128
  • 75 Food Cap (small, brutal skirmishes)
  • 11 Races to choose from (Beasts, Cultists, Trolls, Wood Elves, Humans, Dwarves, Drow, Orcs, Necromancers, Goblins, Dragon Bloods
  • Experience and Level System (not like a hero's experience. It is much different (more on this later))
  • You may only pick 1 hero
  • Many custom triggered abilities for units and heroes
  • Counters short games by letting you have 5 opponents to kill
  • Has AoS elements made into it. For example, creeps respawn in the same location 3 minutes after death
  • You don't waste time on deciding what to do next. It is kill or be killed!

Playing matches gives you experience in one of two trees,
depending on the alignment of the race you chose. When
you do certain things, you get either Good XP or Evil XP.
At the start of the game the game will see what your level
is, and so what unlocks you have and will let you use them!
Because there is no AI for now, you will not be able to get
XP in single player.

Here is an example. Bob is a first-time player. Out of
Humans or Orcs, he decides to choose Humans to
start out as. He only Has the first human hero, the Paladin
unlocked. He plays the first match and does fairly well, and
he now is level 2 so he has the second human hero, the
Hydromancer! Now, he has a choice. Try out the new human
hero and continue on the Good tree, or try out the Orcs and
get a level or two on the Evil tree. He chooses to play the
Humans again, and reaches Level 3, meaning he has the
Dwarf race unlocked!

I found that in most
melee games players NEVER use mercenary
camps, but this will not be the case in this map!
Units in the mercenary camps are freelance
adventurers of great skill, open to be anyone's
soldier... For a price of course! Although these are
very powerful units that have strong abilities and
can turn the tide of a battle, these units take gold
away from you every 10 seconds equal to, in most
cases, their level x5.

Here are the Paladin's Skills:

Passive: Divine Protection - Whenever a friendly unit near the Paladin is attacked, 30% of the damage is blocked and 15% is dealt to the Paladin instead.
Imbued Armor - The Paladin's armor has been enchanted by God himself so that he deals Strength x 2/4/6 damage back to his attackers and has +1/2/3 armor.
Pray - The Paladin prays to God, giving a 80% chance to put a negative buff on the target if it is an enemy, or a positive buff if it is himself or an ally.
Smite - Deals 180 damage. If the target is of the Evil alignment, this spell deals 2.5x damage.
Special Unlock at Level 4: Angelic Vengeance - Passively gives armor to nearby friendly units. When the Paladin dies, each enemy will be marked by an angel, draining 5/10/15 life from it every second and giving that much to nearby friendly units Lasts 7 seconds. At the end of the duration, each unit will be hit by a ray of holy light dealing damage equal to a 25%/33%/50% of their maximum health.

I will post a test map hopefully very soon. For that reason, just tell me how all this sounds and then decide!

BTW: My Card Game Project isn't dead, I just realised I made a few projects for the hive I haven't finished yet. Because of this I decided I should work to finish skirmish a bit before I move onto creating cards again!

Level 14
I really dislike levels because I hate waiting four levels before having the race I want or the hero I want and so I would not be able to use an no click race from the beginning (necromancers and banshees were the most efficient caster click wise this is why I always play undead) which is needed for me to play because when there is 50 units on the battlefield I can only click once every 15 seconds (because of lag and limiting the food to 75 is not enough for preventing two players to have an total of 150 uses and so 50 units if they do 3 food consuming units)

Status
Not open for further replies.