• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skinning a custom model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone im new to the world of skining and i know how to skin a pre-existing wc3 modela nd load it i just dont know how to skin a model made from scrach.For example i will have to ry and skin a custom made model for a catapult but i don't know how to creat a skin so that it will fit onto the model once it is made. Can someone please explain this to me as i have asked in many other forums with no responses.

Level 1
Well since both you and me are part of GTW im doing a concept for the catapult.Once someone does the model terran asked if i wanted to skin it so i need to know how to skin the catapult model as i have no clu as to how to do it.I understand the basics of recouloring or w/e of a wc3 skin made by blizzard,i just need to know how i start one from scratch.

Level 45
was apart of gtw.
hmm..well there are several parts..

the uvwrap(placing the bits of a model onto a falt panel) Then taking a screenshot.

Then drawing on that screenshot(cropped of course) then saving it.(also known as texturing)

then just adding it onto the model by converting to mdl, open in notepad, find the texture path. add file name of the skin you just made then bingo.

But im not really sure. i dont know what your up to nor what programs you have/using for thr catapult.

Level 1
well i dont know what programs there using but i use gmax maybe ill experament a bit with it.Thx fir the help now i have a slightly better understanding of what to do next time shigee asks me to skin one of his models.

Status
Not open for further replies.