• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom skins on custom models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How do I put a custom skin on a custom model that I made? I just to learn how I made a square model and I want each side to be a differant color, but I don't know
how to tell it that I want a certain part of the skin on a certain part of the model.

Sorry about being a noob and thanks in advance.

Level 9
What program have you used ?
Sopho, sorry about this, but...
Skinning actually has absolutely nothing to do with what we here refer to as "skining".

You see, skinning is actually a part of animating a model. What we do, is that we "texture a model", so everything about skins on this site is actually misleading :)

aaaaaaaaaaand, as for the question.
use the UVW utilities, if you are a max user.

Status
Not open for further replies.