• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skin to a model plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have the models I requested in a nother topic. But they were ín ABC-file. Then I found that MilkShape could read ABC-files so whit MilkShape I converted the files to MDL-files. The skins I allready had in TGA-files. Then I imported the models and skins in the worldeditor. Changed the paths to the following:
Skin Path:
SkinName.tga
model path:
war3mapimported\ModelName.mdl
It dident work...
So I thinking that the WorldEditor dident knew witch skin I wanted for whitch model or should I say that the skins wasent on the models or what ever I can call it. But how do I add a skin to a model in MilkShape (I am not a very experinced modeler) and that is the only model program I have. Or can I send the skins and models to any experinced model maker and he fix it?
I wouldent mind if you uploaded them as yours after this but in truth it is "Fox Interactive's" skins and models. And ofcourse I will add you in credits of my map (If there will be any map). By the way, do the animations need special names?
Plz any one help!

Level 13
1) A skin must be in BLP format. You can use Warcraft 3 Viewer to convert it.

2) If you would like to change the path, view the tutorial in the tutorial forum, Using More Than One Skin For A Model, and just figure out how to change the path from there.

Level 8
I read the tutorial and I did as they told, opened the model (mdl-file) in Notepad. But then it did just look like this: Ã^Œ>X4ˆ>£ z§¨>`]f>F ¬Ò.
I don't know what to do???
I would be greatfull if someone could help me again.
However, thx for the help.

Level 25
Pretty easy actualy. Just any file can be opened in Notepad just about. Its real annoying to some people if you manage to open their Word documents in Notepad and then erase all of their work... <_< >_> Yes I did that once...

Anywho, a mdl file is basicaly a mdx file were the gibberish has been translated. Don't just rename the .mdx to .mdl, use the convertor and open it

Status
Not open for further replies.