• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

i forgot xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Guh, ofc I know the file converter way to make a model use more than one skin. The thing is when I make it, the whole model uses only the first skin! :/

And I did that file converter way only to see if it will work with 2 skins but it didn't. Because much faster than the tutorials is to use Magos's Model Editor, click Texture remove the textures\white.blp, right-click 'n' 'import' the texture files and there you have them no need to make convert to mdl then back to mdx then some other silly wasting the time moves. Your tutos are uselss when this can be done with Magos prog.

But in both cases: how comes I skin with 2 skins a model in milkshape and when I do any of these 2 'use more than one skin' the model in mdx appears in only one of the skins ...:( when in fact in milskahpe I select 3-4 meshes to be the first skin, remap them, then I select some other few meshes, remap the textures and done- yet when I export and add the textures with magos, mdx has 2 skins but the whoe model is covered by the 1st skin only...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
@Wolverabid, thats what I said that I i did it from there but Magos can do the same so practically Magos Model Editor is even better than the tutorial and it seems the tut doesn't make it work more than the Magos. But both didn't fix the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 32
[off-topic]

The Hive Workshop > FAQ > THW Rules > Community Friendliness
The Hive is a friendly community: all users are expected to treat one another with dignity and respect.

The Hive Workshop > FAQ > THW Rules > Going Off-Topic
Users should maintain the integrity of thread topics and post in any thread only to reply to its subject.
This thread has been comprised almost entirely of posts which violate the letter and spirit of those important rules.

~ Two posts edited; ten off-topic posts recycled.

Last edited:
Level 7
OK thanks, afterall this thread was meant to be about skin problem, not flamming me. You are soo winning the most helpful&nice&hard-working admin prize.

Magos editor is better to upload the many textures you use with right-clicking import on Texture manager. The converting to .mdl and using notepad is completely uselss (I suppose Magos editor didn't exist when you used this primitive way with the MDL file converter). Magos does it 10 time faster. I fixed the prob by entering Material Manager from Magos, to the second material I used, I saw it has the file name of the first material so I changed it to the second file I use, and then I had the second texture as well. But it was not transparent so I selected the transparent filter and there I have it done. Once again, for the 50th time, thank you 'me' ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.