• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transparency problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This is a simple model for an item. I use gimp and when I select only one part to be transparent, the whole skin becomes transparent, so I used a second separate texture, transparent, for the glass tube. As you can see the model in ms3d is ok. (1)

However, when I export it to mdx, use Magos to delete white.blp and import the skins, in Material Manger where you can assign which skin for which material, if I click transparent, this is what happens (2). And if I don't - (3). How can I make it like in milkshape?

Last edited:
Level 7
All you had to say is add any filter with the Magos program on your mdx but the transparent. The transparent made the whole part invisible but if I add Alpha/Blend/Additive, the part is transparent, not as good looking as in ms3d but still transparent. Thank you 'me' for the 100th time. Well I didn't know the others filters would make it transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.