• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Invisible Marine - Visible Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi, I'm making an FPS and I want the marine to hold the gun. Marine must not be seen, but the gun it's holding must. It is sort of a gun-holding dummy with an attachment point for the gun. These ways don't work:
Using Ghost ability;
Using Animation - change vertex coloring;
Using Wind Walk;
Using Material FilterMode Transparent just makes the model unworkable both in editor and the game;
Making the model use transparent skin doesn't work, because team color is put under the skin to be seen through transparent holes, if the skin is transparent, then the whole model will be in teamcolor.

Is there any way to make the marine invisible, while it's attachments are visible?

Level 34
You don't need to use a marine model per se, you could also use different (dummy) models. Hell, maybe there is even a special FPS model somewhere.

Level 11
Solved. I'm so happy.
All I've done is I opened Magos War3Model Editor, opened the marine model, then to Material Manager under "Windows", then I went to each material and every each material's texture used and changed its FilterMode to Add Alpha, and it is 100% alpha now and holds a gun.
Maybe a tutorial about "Making dummy weapon-holding units for first-person cameras using only Magos War3ModelEditor" should be made uh? Not by me of course >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.