1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Skin on custom model

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by Stormlegacy, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Stormlegacy

Stormlegacy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Alright I new to modeling and skinning but i have the basics down. I have read some of the other posts about giving your custom units skins. I used the Garithos skin for the body, uther skin for head, and moutain king skin for maul. But when I use the skins it applies those skins to the units that they are from. I need a way to make it so they will attach only to my custom model and not to the other ones.

Picture
    http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=129708

2. antihero

antihero

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Did you use the correct path for the different skins.

3. Stormlegacy

Stormlegacy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yea it attaches to my custom hero fine. It just attaches to the other heros which i do not want

Units\Human\Uther\Uther.blp
    Units\Creeps\LordGarithos\LordGarithos.blp
    Units\Human\HeroMountainKing\heromountainking.blp

are the .blps

I want it so i could call the like Textures\MountedPallyBody.blp and that would be the garithos skin.

Textures\MountedPallyHead uthers head
    Textures\MountedPallyMaul mountainking maul

But i don't know how to set the skins to that.

4. antihero

antihero

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  5. Stormlegacy

Stormlegacy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I also believe this is exactly what i need. Im doing it at this moment so i will let you know if it works.

6. Stormlegacy

Stormlegacy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yes this has fixed my problem w00t :) Thank You. Im ganna do some minor editing to the model then i'll probably post it.