• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skill showcase template?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi there.

I had the idea to make a template map for showcasing skills. Basically, this map would come equipped with everything needed to test and showcase skills to other players on the forum, or serve as a template for uploading skills as resources.

The map would have in-game features such as:
  • Spawn regions that can spawn enemies that either attack or do not, enemies that stand still or move, enemies that are flying or on the ground, as well as adjusting the respawn interval, hp, damage, and etc, all adjusted using in-game commands or buttons.
  • Target dummy displaying final damage numbers and possibly even dps output.
  • Commands for killing and spawning units for the test.
  • Commands for resetting cooldowns.
  • Commands for setting hero levels or stats.
  • Areas that sends waves of customizable units towards you
  • Commands to spawn items.
  • Whatever other things are deemed necessary or beneficial for testing any imaginable type of spell.
However, I am not certain if this thing already exists or not.

Does anyone happen to know this?

Level 24
@Pyrogasm is referring to my resource's map that come with a spell book, however the options are simply neat things to play around with:
- spite : enemies on death deal AOE (chain reactions are real and deadly)
- split : enemies on death split into two smaller versions of the dying unit
- momento mori: enemies on death create a zombie, also contiuous waves come to visit (with the occasional abomination.)
- eldritch (exclusive to bone armor): displays floating shield values on each unit's bone armor "segment"

I'm sure you could add in the majority of your options via a similar method.

Level 8
@Pyrogasm is referring to my resource's map that come with a spell book, however the options are simply neat things to play around with:
- spite : enemies on death deal AOE (chain reactions are real and deadly)
- split : enemies on death split into two smaller versions of the dying unit
- momento mori: enemies on death create a zombie, also contiuous waves come to visit (with the occasional abomination.)
- eldritch (exclusive to bone armor): displays floating shield values on each unit's bone armor "segment"

I'm sure you could add in the majority of your options via a similar method.
In your resources I only see 3 spells.
I'm guessing that the template would be the basis of the last 2, but the template itself doesn't seem to be there. Could you upload it here? Then I may enrich it with more features and upload it as a more generic resource. If there is no template, which of your spells would be the best basis for one?

Status
Not open for further replies.