• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skill Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I need help with triggers on this skills :)

[Solved] (every third attack the hero attacks multiple enemies)

[Solved] transforms into a breeze and flows to the target area and goes back to his normal form, units around the area where he arrives at gets "x" damage. ( Somewhere around wave of morphling xD ) thanks ap0calypse ;D

*Channeling*calls upon the power of the Windlord to force units to move towards him while damaging everybody in the area through out the duration of the spell. ( basically, the skill forces all units within range to get pulled towards Zephiro while taking damage per sec.)

thank you in advance

Last edited:
Level 28
Regarding your first spell:
What kind of multi-attack did you have in mind? Is it a ranged hero that hurls several extra bolts towards the enemy, or is it a melee hero that sweeps all units in front of him?

I've done the Breeze-thing for now, wish I had more time at hand.
The last spell seems like a regular black hole though, which can probably be found somewhere on the hive already.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention: my World Editor was being stupid and didn't show a preview of the models, thus the special effects are complete rubbish. You can change them though ^^

Edit 2: Added the multi-hit spell.

Attachments

• Breeze Transform.w3x
    23.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Level 11
thank you for the help +rep
yeah its range hurling several bolts xD

Somehow the when i use an ability on an item, the item dont show the cooldown, anyone can help ?

Last edited:
Level 17
About the third skill, it can be done with taunt, and a dot
You can check, whether the unit in range has buff taunt, if yes, add the dps, if not, do nothing (do not add
  • do nothing
, because it's same like you order some one that doing nothing, to do nothing, in other word, useless)

Level 12
[In Process](every third attack the hero attacks multiple enemies)

Simply, whenever a unit attacks, increase the attacking units 'Custom value' by 1, starting at 0.

and then, when the unit attacks and has a 'Custom value' => 3 then deal damage in an area of attacked units position.

Or, you can when a unit has 'Custom value' => 3 add an invisible cleave/barrage so that it deals damage in an area; Proceed to check if attacking unit has this abillity whenever it attacks and remove it.

• MmkTestin
  • Events
    • A unit is attacked
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If
      • Level of (Barrage (Dummy)) > 0 for attacking unit
    • Then
      • Unit - Remove Barrage (Dummy) from attacking unit
    • Else
      • Do nothing
    • Unit - Set custom value of (attacking unit) == ((Custom value of attacking unit) +1)
    • If
      • Custom value of (attacking unit => 3)
    • Then
      • Unit - Set custom value of (attacking unit) == 0
      • Unit - Add abillity (Barrage (Dummy)) to attacking unit

Level 12
That would make the ability is abusable
Since every time the unit 'attempt to attack' the ability will removed
If someone spam 's'

That would also remove the onhit bonus effect, seeing how my trigger removes it the next time thaey attempt to attack.

So, I understand that they may still be able to proc it once every attack, but that would require timing and counting. Which is impossible for most people.

Level 28
Simply, whenever a unit attacks, increase the attacking units 'Custom value' by 1, starting at 0.

and then, when the unit attacks and has a 'Custom value' => 3 then deal damage in an area of attacked units position.

Or, you can when a unit has 'Custom value' => 3 add an invisible cleave/barrage so that it deals damage in an area; Proceed to check if attacking unit has this abillity whenever it attacks and remove it.

• Multi Hit 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Multi-Hit (Dummy) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Custom value of (Attacking unit)) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Attacking unit) to 0
          • Unit - Add Spell Book (Disabled) to (Attacking unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Multi-Hit (Invisible) for (Attacking unit) to (Level of Multi-Hit (Dummy) for (Attacking unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Spell Book (Disabled) from (Attacking unit)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Attacking unit) to ((Custom value of (Attacking unit)) + 1)
There, I fixed that trigger.
It can still be abused (not as hard as you may think it is), but the trigger is better now (you do not need "Do Nothing's").
Also, if you add "Spell book" and disable it, then the barrage-ability will not be visible, yet will still work (a lot better, as nobody needs to see that you add/remove another ability every time).
Although I dislike and discourage the use of "Custom value" for making things MUI.

This is more what I would've done:
  • Multi Hit 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Multi-Hit (Dummy) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Set HandleID = (Key (Attacking unit))
      • Set tempInt = (Load (Key MH) of HandleID from spellTable)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • tempInt Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Hashtable - Save 0 as (Key MH) of HandleID in spellTable
          • Unit - Add Spell Book (Disabled) to (Attacking unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Multi-Hit (Invisible) for (Attacking unit) to (Level of Multi-Hit (Dummy) for (Attacking unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Hashtable - Save (tempInt + 1) as (Key MH) of HandleID in spellTable
          • Unit - Remove Spell Book (Disabled) from (Attacking unit)
I've updated my spell-map with that spell added to it.

Level 11
thank you again Apocalypse, but I already solved the skill with a little modification from slashes trigger, anyway still thank you the only thing left is the 3rd one :)

Level 11
Yeah, Its a little bit like taunt but the units are unable to move away from the hero :) its like blackhole of enigma in defense of the ancient

Edit : it has to be channeling xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.